Using my Rainbow Carrots and lovely Beetroots from my local Farmers I wanted a lovely salad for lunch today as the sun was shining, I had recently bought some Smoked Duck Breast from my local farm store which was already cooked, so combining everything I had the most amazing Saturday lunch Salad.
1 Cooked Duck Breast (from Fencebay) – sliced
1 Carrot – sliced longways into thin strips
1 Beetroot – sliced thinly
Fresh Salad leaves (of your choice)
Small handful of Feta Cheese
Small handful of Walnuts
1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 tbsp Good Olive oil
1 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- Mix together salad leaves, carrot, beetroot, balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a large bowl.
- Place salad mix onto a plate
- Top with crumbled feta cheese and sprinkle crushed walnuts over top.
- Place sliced Duck breast on top and drizzle Hoisin sauce over duck.
This is do tasty and quick, very healthy and amazing flavour sensation in your mouth. All in 5 minutes. Yummy!
1/2 Aubergine – Cubed
1/2 Red onion – diced
1 Tomato – cubed
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 garlic clove
1/4 tbsp Walnut oil
Salt & Pepper
1/4 cup of crumbled goats cheese
1/4 cup (30g) toasted walnuts – chopped
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
- To make the dressing mix the lemon juice, walnut oil and garlic in a bowl with salt and pepper.
- Steam the aubergine for 10 mins. Squeeze any excess water. (If you have a Luce Combi microwave use the vegetable setting to steam)
- Combine the Aubergine, goat cheese, walnuts, tomato, red onion, and parsley in a large bowl with the dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top. Serve with a tasty glass of Chardonnay.
Serves 1 Approx calories – 450
FOR THE SALMON
1 piece of Salmon
1 tsp butter
Small tbsp chopped chives and sage
Squeeze of lemon juice
Salt and pepper
1. Slight melt butter, Mix all ingredients together and rub into salmon.
2. Heat tbsp oil in a griddle pan and pan fry for about 6-7 mins until cooked through.
50-60g wild rice
Handful green beans chopped
Red onion diced
1 tbsp chopped basil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper
6 walnuts chopped
4 baby plum tomatoes halved
Small portion goats cheese
2 fresh baby beetroots quartered
1. Cook rice in a pan of water for about 15 mins, 2 mins before ready add in the green beans.
2. Meanwhile fry the onion with the balsamic vinegar and thyme.
3. Add onion mix to rice once ready along with tomatoes, walnuts, beetroot and some basil mix through then crumble goats cheese on top and serve.
Now my fav snack………and healthy too!
Chop a banana into small chunks, top some with dark chocolate drops and some with Walnuts…yummy! Or you can choose your own toppings, I’ve used a tsp of peanut butter on top too.