OMG, this was so yummy! We had a soup ‘n’ pudding kinda day and this is what I decided to try.
Serves about 8
110g plain flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
110g golden caster sugar
50ml olive oil
50ml walnut oil
55g dark chocolate, chopped
55g chopped walnuts
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
100g melted chocolate for topping
30g chopped walnuts for topping
- Preheat oven to fan 170 deg. Grease a baking tin (approx 12″)
- Blitz the walnuts until fine. Transfer to a bowl and add in the sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt then mix.
- Add in the caster sugar, oils, chopped chocolate, eggs and vanilla extract and mix until well blended.
- Spoon the batter mix into the baking tin and bake for approx 25 minutes.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave and spoon on top of the cake, crumble the remaining walnuts on top. Serve. Yummy!
Oh WOW! That’s all I’m going to say, well apart from, you have to try this. I am always looking for something different and this little recipe came from Kitchen Aid . Usually, I follow a recipe then on my second attempt change it up a little and experiment, but not on this one, it simply is delicious. Especially with some vintage cheddar…Mmmmmm.
450g plain flour
50g Rye flour – I used wholemeal
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp salt
45g melted salted butter
1 tbsp treacle
200g walnut pieces
- Pre heat oven to 180 deg. I used the convection bake setting.
- Place the flours, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a large bowl and stir together. Make a large hole in the centre of the flour mixture and pour in the melted butter and treacle, walnut pieces plus enough of the buttermilk to make a loose sticky dough.
- Tip the dough onto a lightly dusted work surface. The dough will be quite sticky. Shape it into a large ball with a taut top. Place the dough on a floured baking tray and flatten it a bit. Using a knife, score the bread
- Dust with flour then bake in the oven for 40 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown and has risen.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack. Serve with some lovely cheddar or simply butter.
On deciding what to do next using my crisper plate, I thought I’ve not really tried a cake?? Would it work?? Only 1 way to find out………………………..results were fab, tasty and baked in 10 minutes…….revelation!
200g Dark Chocolate – Melted (I used 70% cocoa)
170g golden caster sugar
1 tbsp flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
- If you have an Induction hob, melt chocolate in a pan on No. 1, if not melt using a glass bowl over boiling water. Once nearly melted add in butter and melt through, stirring a couple of times. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Chop nuts into very small pieces or use a processor and pulse but make sure not to make into crumbs.
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites
- One at a time add egg yolks to the chocolate and butter mix, stirring continuously.
- Then stir in vanilla, sugar, nuts & flour
- Whisk the egg whites together until stiff peaks, then gently fold into your chocolate mixture.
- Pour the mixture onto the crisper plate and cook on dynamic crisp setting for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Once cooled remove from plate, slice and serve with some lovely whipped cream or ice cream if you prefer. YUMMY!!!!
I had some Garlic Bread left over from dinner last night, so I wanted to try something different with it rather than just heating it up. I just love spinach, so why not? It turned out absolutely delicious….if I do say so myself. lol!
Makes 1 small pot – about 1 cup
2 cups of fresh spinach leaves or 6 rounds of frozen spinach
1/2 cup of fresh flat leaf parsley. (you could use basil also)
1/4 cup of walnuts or pine nuts
1/4 cup of parmesan cheese – freshly grated
2 garlic cloves
juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
- Put everything into a food processor and blitz until blended together.
Serve up. I had mine on bread but you could use this as a base for pizza, in salads, so much more. Will keep in fridge covered for up to 3 days.
Oh…. I do love breakfast time! New Year, new ideas, new breakfasts. Having some yoghurt left over I decided to try out some healthy smoothie bowls for my breakfast this week, and they we sooooooo delicious! A lovely smooth thick texture and full of healthy vitamins, whats not to like?
Here are 2 combinations that I tried and succeeded with.
- 1 x Avocado, 1 x Banana, 5 x Walnuts, 1 tsp vanilla, 4 tbsp natural yoghurt (low fat), 50ml milk, Mix everything in a blender or use a hand blender then top with 1 tbsp chia seeds, 1 tsp cinnamon to garnish
- 1 x Avocado, 1 x Banana, 6 Strawberries, 5 walnuts, 4 tbsp natural yoghurt (low fat), 50ml milk, Mix everything in a blender then top with 1 tbsp chia seeds and 2 strawberries to garnish.
I now have the urge to try more combinations, keep you posted!
For the love of Red! Love it when random ingredients put together turns out delicious!
40g Camargue Red Rice
1 Beetroot – grated
1/4 Avocado – chopped
1/2 tin of Chick Peas
1 tomato – chopped/sliced
Small chunk of Feta Cheese
4 Walnuts – chopped finely
1 tbsp good Olive oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Cook rice as per instructions on packet (about 30 mins)
- Mix all other ingredients into a bowl, add rice one cooked.
- Mix together olive oil and balsamic vinegar, drizzle on top to flavour.
This is a great lunch, very healthy, full of protein and super tasty.
Using my Rainbow Carrots and lovely Beetroots from my local Farmers I wanted a lovely salad for lunch today as the sun was shining, I had recently bought some Smoked Duck Breast from my local farm store which was already cooked, so combining everything I had the most amazing Saturday lunch Salad.
1 Cooked Duck Breast (from Fencebay) – sliced
1 Carrot – sliced longways into thin strips
1 Beetroot – sliced thinly
Fresh Salad leaves (of your choice)
Small handful of Feta Cheese
Small handful of Walnuts
1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 tbsp Good Olive oil
1 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- Mix together salad leaves, carrot, beetroot, balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a large bowl.
- Place salad mix onto a plate
- Top with crumbled feta cheese and sprinkle crushed walnuts over top.
- Place sliced Duck breast on top and drizzle Hoisin sauce over duck.
This is do tasty and quick, very healthy and amazing flavour sensation in your mouth. All in 5 minutes. Yummy!