Packed with 3 of your 5 a day this tasty meal is super high in vitamins and flavour. Any excuse to get my KitchenAid mini processer out though…lol!
Makes 2 Servings
300 g Potatoes
1 bunch of asparagus
100g fresh peas or canned
1 red chilli
2 handfuls of baby spinach
2 Scottish cod fillets
- Wash the potatoes and cut into small chunks, keep skin on as that is where the most flavour is. Place in a pan of slightly salted boiling water and cook for about 10 minutes or until soft.
- Add the asparagus and peas to the pan and cook further for 3-4 minutes, drain and put into a food processor.
- Add the spinach, lemon zest and seasoning to the processor and pulse until blended together.
- Cook your cod to your preferred method. I steam cooked mine but you could pan fry for crispy finish.
- Divide up the mash and serve with the cod on top, to finish sprinkle with chilli and lemon juice.
OMG! I do love Avocado’s & if you do too, you will love this little recipe. A good nutritious and healthy way to start your day. Creamy luxurious texture, full of good vitamins, healthy fatty acids, flavour and fiber, why would you not want to? Good on their own or serve with a poached egg or crispy bacon for a more luxury weekend treat.
Makes 4 large pancakes
1 Large avocado
100g Plain Flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp coconut oil – melted
butter for the pan
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt & nutmeg in a bowl
- Combine the avocado, milk, egg, coconut oil and vanilla in a food processor until smooth
- Mix the avocado into the flour until blended
- Melt the butter in a fry pan on medium to high heat, scoop the batter into the pan (whichever size you like) and cook for about 2-3 minutes per each side.
- Serve. I put on a bed of Spinach with a poached egg on top, Yummy!