A very tasty mix up for dinner tonight, and somehow it just went together! This was me using leftovers again, very tasteful.
1/2 Sweet potato
2 small Beetroot’s
1/2 cup sweetcorn
1/2 tin of Black Eyed Peas
1 Turkey Breast – cut into chunks
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp garlic
1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
Zest and Juice from 1/2 lime
Handful of coriander
- Roast in a tin the sweet potato and beetroot at 220 deg for 30-35 mins.
- Meanwhile, mix 1 tbsp of olive oil, garlic, chilli powder and lime juice/zest together, this will be your drizzle.
- Season the turkey with salt & pepper and fry gently until browned all over. Remove from heat.
- Place the black eyed beans and sweetcorn on hob and gently heat through (4 mins)
- Once roasted veg is ready, mix everything together with the oil mixture and serve with coriander on top.
Tuck into this beautiful mix which is also healthy and very filling too!
Avg Calories per wrap 100.
6 x salad leaves like Little Gem lettuce or equivalent
3 teaspoons of sweet chilli sauce
100g of turkey breast strips or chicken if preferred
3 tablespoons of sweetcorn and red peppers
Cucumber strips – approx 6
1. Lay out lettuce leaves and top with turkey strips, then drizzle chilli sauce
2. Cut Avocado into slices and place on top
3. Spoon sweetcorn and peppers on
4. Slice cucumber with potato peeler keeping 3 strips to tie wraps, drape strips over mix
5. Take another lettuce leaf and place on top to close then wrap and tie with cucumber strip to hold
At only 313 calories per portion it’s a fab low cal dinner. (serves 2)
2 tsp olive oil
1 leek – trimmed and finely sliced
250g minced turkey breast
finely grated zest of 1/4 lemon
1/2 tsp salt
1. Heat oil in frying pan and fry off the leeks for about 3-4 mins until softened, remove and leave to cool for 5 mins
2. Add into the leeks the turkey, lemon zest, salt and pepper and mix well. Make into burger shapes 4 approx small burgers.
3. Lightly fry for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
For the Chips:-
2 medium potatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 tablespoon paprika
1/2 tsp salt and pepper
1. Peel the potatoes and cut into chunky chip size
2. Put chips into a bowl and toss in oil, salt, pepper and paprika and mix well to coat.
3. scatter onto oiled baking tray and bake for approx 30 minutes ot until golden brown and softened
Serve with some salad and tomato relish.
I have also made these burgers removing the lemon zest and putting in chilli, also very tasty.