Well…I have to say when I read about this I was a bit uncertain, but as per usual my curiosity got the better of me…….well what can I say…..it just went and worked didn’t it! A perfect folded omelette! Here goes:-
2 small to medium Eggs (if using large you may need to increase cooking time.)
1 Ziplock Bag – good one (cheap one might leak)
1 chopped mushroom
1 sliced small tomato
Handful of grated cheese
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Spray inside the bag with oil to prevent from sticking.
- Crack the eggs in….no need to whisk up.
- Add in your ingredients…..of course you can add anything you like, I made it simple yet tasty.
- Gently rub with your hands to coat all round and break the yolks. Remove any air from the bag gently and seal.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and place bag in and boil rapidly for 8 minutes. Then reduce to a simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
- Gently remove and open bag, roll onto a plate and serve…….oh WOW!
Handful of King Prawns
Handful of Mussels
Handful of Crayfish
100g Tin tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato passata
1 Chilli – diced
1 clove garlic – chopped
1 tsp Brown Sugar
1 splash of white wine (approx 30ml)
Handful of Basil – chopped
Wholegrain Rice Vermicelli
1. Heat some oil in a pan and heat through the prawns, crayfish and mussels for a few minutes along with the chilli and garlic.
2. Add in the tomatoes, tomato passata, white wine and Brown sugar reduce the heat to a simmer, and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile place Vermicelli in a bowl and cover with boiling water, let sit for 4 minutes.
4. Drain the vermicelli and add to the seafood tomato mix then add the basil, cook for a further minute.
5. Serve with a lovely glass a Chardonnay.
Serves 2 or 1 if your hungry! Calories per serving 135, Fat 6g 2.1g sat. fat, Carbs 12g, Protein 9g.
1 cup or about 1 large handful kale
2 eggs, 1 egg white
50ml skimmed milk
salt and pepper to season
8 cherry tomatoes
20g cheddar cheese (grated) or you can use whichever you prefer
1 teaspoon oregano
1. Preheat oven to 190 deg. Lightly fry Kale and tomatoes in a shallow pan for about 6-8 mins.
2. Meanwhile whisk eggs, white, milk, salt, pepper and oregano together.
3. Transfer Kale and tomatoes into an oven ready dish, approx 8″ diameter.
4. Add grated cheese on top evenly and pour in egg mixture evenly.
5. Bake in oven for about 20 mins. Serve. Yummy!
You could use black peppercorn instead of pepper or even add in some paprika for that extra flavour.
I always found rice cakes bland but have found some good combinations that taste yummy and very healthy.
( each cake 60 calories)
1 x packet of rice cakes
tablespoon of extra light philadelphia spread on each cake
sliced tomato for topping
pinch of basil for dressing tomato (fresh or dried)
I also use peanut butter, 1 tablespoon per rice cake, then top with sliced banana.
125g Strong White Bread Flour
125g Strong Wholemeal Flour
1 sachet of yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoon of tomato puree
1 tablespoon of paprika
150ml warm water
2 tablespoon olive oil
Mix sugar and yeast in warm water and leave in a warm place for 10-15 mins to help yeast rise
Sieve all Flour into a bowl and mix in salt and paprika
Make a well in the middle then add in tomato purée, oil and yeast mixture
fold in well until it forms a dough, remove onto floured surface and knead for approx 5 mins
put into floured bread tin or tray and place in oven (shelf 2) on proving setting for Approx 1.5/2hrs or until double in size
brush with milk on top and switch oven onto Bread setting
place tray with ice cubes on level 5 and bread on level 2 (ice stops the bread from over crusting)
You could add in sundried tomatoes as an extra…..this is tasty also.