Monday morning breakfast was a case of trying to use up leftovers. I had some fresh bread and spinach that needed to be used, so decided on some easy breakfast cups. Quick and easy to make. There are so many flavours you can use for these too.
Made 3 with left overs
1 piece of bread per cup – crustless
Cheddar Cheese (low fat – optional)
Salt & pepper to season
chilli flakes – optional
1 tsp paprika – optional
1 tbsp butter – melted
- Firstly preheat your oven to 180 deg.
- Brush your bread with the melted butter both sides and cut diagonally, place the bread into the muffin tin overlapping and making sure the bottom is covered.
- Bake the bread in the oven for 5 minutes and remove
- Place the spinach & cheese with seasoning and chilli into the cups and then crack the egg into them. Sprinkle with paprika and bake for a further 15 minutes. A bit less if you like your eggs really running.
- Scoop out with a spoon and devour! Yummy.
I just love eggs and toast on a Saturday morning but wanted to jazz it up a bit today, so here is my eggs in toast with some spicy avocado bites.
2 Slices of Wholemeal toast (you can of course use white if you prefer)
1/2 avocado – mashed
tsp of chilli flakes
knob of butter
1. Heat butter in a pan
2. Using a cutter take out the centre of the bread slices
3. Place bread slices into the pan and crack the eggs in the centre. Also put the circle bites into the pan.
4. Cook for about 1-2 mins, then flip over and cook for a further 1-2 mins (depending if you want yolk running or not)
5. Meanwhile, mash up the avocado and sprinkle with chilli flakes.
6. Remove the toasts from pan and place on a plate. Take the 2 round pieces and place the cutter you used to cut over then spoon in the avocado mix, remove cutter and place on plate. Sprinkle with rainbow pepper to taste. Yummy!
Oh yes another Haggis dish, using up my leftovers, so tonight’s dinner is………………Haggis Toast! Yum! Quick, Tasty, filling and healthy.
2 slices of bread toasted to your liking. I like mine medium toasted!
Haggis leftovers cooked as per instructions and mixed with Beetroot Relish from http://www.everythingchilli.co.uk/, her relishes are so tasty.
Steam some spinach and lay on toast then top with haggis mix. Yummy!
The great thing about Haggis is, it is already spiced and peppered so no other seasonings are needed.
Wanted to try something different and it worked, so tasty. (240 calories per serving)
2 x medium slice wholemeal bread for toasting
5 x mushrooms washed and sliced
1 x tsp rosemary
1 x tsp parsley
1 x tsp olive oil
1 x clove garlic crushed
2 scoops of Low Fat Cream Cheese (like Philadelphia extra light)
Cracked black pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in saucepan add garlic and cook for 2 mins.
2. Add in mushrooms, sprinkle rosemary and parsley and stir through until cooked and softened about 5 mins.
3. Brown toast and spread with cream cheese, top with mushrooms and sprinkle some cracked black pepper to taste…YUM!
A cheeky wee lunchtime treat…Yummy!
2 Tomatoes – Sliced
1 Large Ball of Mozzarella (approx 50g -100g) – Sliced
2 slices of bread (your choice) I used wholemeal
2 tbsp pesto
2 slices of emmentaler Cheese
Fresh or dried basil (amount to suit your taste) I used 1/2 teaspoon dried basil.
Toast the bread on 1 side only, turn over and spread with pesto
Place mozzarella on top, then tomatoes, season with salt and pepper
Place Emmentaler cheese on top
Place on rack, level 4 on high grill and grill for about 3-5 mins or until cheese is melted and slightly browned on top
Remove, garnich with basil and serve…………..Nice with a class of Chardonnay also..:)
MICROWAVE POACHED EGGS
Use Microwave container and fill with boiled water (NO Vinegar)
Break eggs into water carefully
Set Microwave to 800w and programme 1min 20 secs
Cook and enjoy perfect runny poached eggs, serve on toast.