Sous Vide, Sous Vide, Sous Vide……..oh yes, definitely my favourite method of cooking. This Venison was so succulent and juicy, the flavour was absolutely delicious.
Makes 2 servings
2 large venison steaks
Salt & Pepper to taste
For the Sweet Potato:-
1-2 large sweet potatoes
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp oil
Few sprigs of rosemary
Salt & Pepper
For the Balsamic Jus:-
1 tbsp butter
2 shallots – thinly sliced
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
125ml Merlot Red wine
Few sprigs of Rosemary
1 heaped tsp redcurrant jelly
- Season the Venison Steaks with Salt & pepper. Vacuum pack.
- Heat a large pan of water to about 58-60 deg C, immerse venison into the water and cook for about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, slice the sweet potatoes and place into a food bag, coat with 1 tbsp oil, salt & pepper and rosemary, ensure fully coated. Preheat Crisperplate (if you have one, if not roast in oven for about 30-40 minutes depending on thickness.) Place sweet potato onto crisperplate with butter and cook for 8 minutes, remove, turn over and cook for a further 3 minutes (depending on thickness).
- Remove Venison from the vacuum bag, heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan on high heat and seal the meat about 1 minutes each side, remove and allow to rest for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, place 1 knob of butter into the same pan you seared the venison and melt, add in the shallots and soften. Add in the redcurrant jelly and rosemary and caramelise, pour in the wine and balsamic vinegar bring to a high boil and reduce for a few minutes until sauce thickens slightly.
- Slice up the venison, place on top of the sweet potato and serve with the sauce……Yummy!
Oh I do love my little crisper plate from Hotpoint. It just cooks and bakes most things in half the time with the same results as an oven or hob. I wanted something quick for my lunch and needed to use up some veggies, so sweet potato fries it was. Just 10 minutes!
1 sweet potato – cut into fries
1 tsp olive oil
Salt & pepper
1 tsp paprika
- Preheat your crisper plate for 2 minutes
- Coat the sweet potato fries with oil and season with spices.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Yum!
Looking in my fridge I had to use up my leftover chorizo, so this was my Friday night quick dinner creation. Very filling, loads of flavour and loads of goodness too. I decided to use my Crisper plate instead of a fry pan then oven and was so glad I did as it only took 15 minutes to cook and more importantly 1 dish to wash up….lol!
Serves 4 (or 2 hungry people)
2 white potatoes
1 sweet potato
Chorizo – I used 1/3 of a 225g ring
1 red onion
1 large handful of kale
1 garlic clove or 2 tsp garlic granules
Salt & ground black pepper to taste
- Place a knob of butter on plate and pre heat Crisper Plate on Dynamic crisp setting for 3 minutes.
- Slice the potatoes and red onion about 1/2 cm thick
- Slice up the Chorizo not too thick.
- Whisk the eggs into a jug/bowl and season.
- Place the potatoes onto the crisper plate a start to layer up then season each layer with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Cook on dynamic Crisp setting for 8 minutes
- Remove then add on the red onion and chorizo, cook for a further 5 minutes
- Remove plate then add on the Kale and pour egg mixture over evenly. Cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Gently remove and serve. Yummy!
Tonight I was using up leftovers, I hate seeing any food go to waste….lol!
With a sweet potato and 1/2 can of mixed beans, I decided on a burgers, my first time at a sweet potato burger too. It was absolutely delicious.
1 sweet potato
1/2 can of mixed beans ( I used five bean salad)
1/2 garlic clove
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
1/2 tsp ground smoked paprika
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp salt
black pepper and nutmeg to taste
1 tsp maple syrup
2 tbsp flour to help bind
1 tsp sesame seeds
- Cook the sweet potato, you can roast in an oven or boil them, I preferred to steam cook them as it keeps more of the flavour in. I used my fabulous Steam Accessory I got with my new Hotpoint oven. Only took 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, empty the beans and all the spices into a bowl and mix.
- Then add the cooked potato to the bowl – please allow the potato to cool first. Take a masher and mash up.
- Preheat the oil in a pan to medium heat.
- If the mixture is too wet, add in a little flour to help bind. Take handful of mixture and make into a burger like shape.
- Top with sesame seeds then cook for about 5 minutes on each.
- Serve. Yummy!