Today was a scorcher! 22 deg (which is great for Scotland!), looking for a refreshing drink thought I would experiment with Tea and wine…..yes you heard me….Tea and wine! It was so refreshing and fruity, just what I needed on a Hot Sunday afternoon.
2 Tea Bags of fruit infused (I used Twinings Raspberry & Pomegranate)
Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio Wine (amount to your choosing!)
- Firstly pop 2 T Bags in warm water and allow to infuse – about 3-5 mins.
- Remove T. Bags and allow to cool.
- Chill a glass and add some white wine, ice cubes and then fill with the Tea……Serve…Yummy!
O.K….so I cheated a bit and bought shop meringues (time saving), as you have probably read before I got some Edinburgh Gin’s Raspberry Liqueur…….so yes you guessed it, I used this instead of syrup……oh sooooooo yummy!
5 mini meringues
Handful of summer fruits, I used Strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and redcurrants
1 tbsp Raspberry liqueur
Mix all in a bowl and devour!
A fab dessert at only 155 calories per bowl
Makes approx 10 scoops.
2 cups water
1 1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup Limoncello
1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 6 large lemons)
1. Combine water, sugar and Limoncello in a pan and bring to the boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves (approx 5 mins)
2. Remove from heat and add lemon juice, set aside allowing to completely cool.
3. Strain mixture through a sieve into a freezable container, discarding any solids.
4. After approx 2-3 hours, remove from freezer and stir around, put back into freezer, after 1 more hour, remove and stir again. Return to freezer for 1 more hour or until solid. Should be ready to serve. Lovely and refreshing for those long summer nights.
Option:- you can also add some mint, which is also delicious.