You know by now that I love my One Pot meals and this is another that is so easy & so tasty. I decided to use my Steam pot and it cooked perfectly in just 20 minutes. Yummy Spicy flavours and full of nutritious benefits.
Makes 2 large portions or 4 side portions
1 can black beans
1/2 can red kidney beans
1/2 can sweetcorn
1 red onion – finely chopped
150g wholemeal brown long grain rice
300ml veg stock
2 heaped tbsp chopped tomato
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp dried chillies
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
salt to taste
- Place everything in the steam pot and mix together. Put lid on.
- Place into your combi microwave and select Recipes, Pasta & Rice, Rice then programme 20 minutes.
- Perfectly cooked mexican rice dish. You can serve this on its own or with some pitta breads or even in a wrap.
This dish is so yummy with a little kick. Perfect for Christmas dining as you can make as much as you need. I do love 1 pot meals.
Makes about 4 large portions or 8 smaller side portions.
1 x Butternut Squash – cubed
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp chilli flakes
100g cooked chestnuts, quartered
½ small pack sage leaves, chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
8 slices of pancetta – chopped
2 shallots, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
150g basmati & wild rice mix
300ml veg stock
Parmesan to serve
- Heat oven to 200 deg.
- Toss the squash with 1⁄2 tbsp of oil, chilli flakes and some seasoning on a large roasting tray. Roast for 15 mins, then add the shallots, garlic, chestnuts and nestle the sage and pancetta around the squash so that they touch the baking sheet.
- Return to the oven for 10-15 mins until the pancetta and sage are crisp. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In the Steam pot place the Rice with the 300ml stock and steam for 20 mins on rice setting.
- Remove steam pot and add the ingredients to rice and mix through to warm through.
- Serve with grated parmesan.