This is a great mid week dinner, super quick and easy (if you have prepared paste before hand). I had to use up some leftover vegetables in my fridge, and I had stored some coloured pasta I made a few weeks ago. So super easy and super quick.
Pasta of your choice
200g Baby Spinach
150g Cherry tomatoes, chopped
150g Mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp dried garlic (or 2 cloves if you have fresh)
1 tsp smoked paprika
Pinch of chilli flakes
2 tbsp tomato puree
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook pasta as per packet instructions, or if fresh, 2 minutes in simmering salted water.
- Meanwhile, brown the mushrooms then add in the tomatoes, cook until slightly softened.
- Add in the garlic, paprika, cayenne, chilli, tomato puree and stir through. Then add in the Spinach and cover to allow to wilt down (about 1 minute).
- Drain the pasta and add to the sauce mix and stir until coated. Serve.
I have been wanting a Cast Iron Casserole Dish for a while now and my best friend came to the rescue, just out of the blue she gave me this lovely pot, so I just had to come up with a recipe to use it this weekend.
1 small onion chopped
1 can black beans, drained
1 can sweetcorn, drained
1 can chopped tomatoes
2 chopped peppers
300g Scottish beef mince
Mexican mix – 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1 tsp garlic, 1 tsp chilli powder, 1/2 tsp onion powder, salt & pepper.
200ml beef stock
- Pre heat your oven to Slow Cook Setting or around 90 deg.
- Brown the onions in a little oil, then add the peppers and brown, remove from pan
- Add the Beef mince and brown all over, adding salt & pepper to taste
- Add back to the pan the onions & peppers along with the sweetcorn, beans, tomatoes, seasoning and stock. Mix through and cook in oven for about 5-6 hours.
Corn Tacos & grated cheese to serve.
Love these little baked egg boats, such a super simple dish for a lazy breakfast morning. Nutritious, tasty and low in calories and fat.
1 1/2 Wholemeal Sandwich thins (or you could use bread)
knob of butter melted
2 large eggs
small handful of baby spinach
1 tsp smoked paprika
- Preheat your oven to 180 deg
- Spray a baking tin with a little low fat spray oil
- Brush the thins with the melted butter, both sides & mould into the baking tin, bake in the oven for 5 minutes
- Place the spinach into the boats and whisk the eggs, pour into the boats, sprinkle with chilli and paprika and season.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes until set and browned.
- Serve. Yummy!