My healthier eating continues this month. I got some lovely bits of Scottish Salmon recently so came up with this idea of a healthier mash using whatever I had in my fridge. It was delicious. Best bit, it only took 6 minutes to cook and put together.
Makes enough mash for 2-3 people
80g baby spinach
50g garden peas – cooked
juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp Sea Salt
Garlic clove – minced
1 tsp coriander – dried
1 tsp olive oil
(optional if you like spice, add in 1 tsp chilli flakes)
- Place everything into a blender and mix until just combined.
- Serve. Simple as that!
I steam cooked some salmon that I marinated in Teriyaki Sauce overnight. Yum!
I got this little Jamie Olive cook book recently and have been trying out some recipes, which I have to say have been delicious. Tonight, I thought I would take my inspiration from Mr. JO but put my own twist to this. I have to say it was rather tasty…..Mmmmmm.
Using a combination of my Crisper plate and my steam pot, this little dish was made in under 20 minutes. Quick and easy meals.
80g Basmati & quinoa rice (I used Tilda)
2 x Scottish Salmon Fillets
4 tsp sweet chilli sauce (I always use Blue Dragon, I find they are the best)
2 tbsp sesame seeds
3 spring onions
1 fresh red chilli
60g sugar snap peas
4 springs of fresh coriander
2 tsp toasted sesame oil
1 lime (juice only)
80g smoked beetroot
- Place the basmati rice into the steam pot with 200ml water and cover, cook on the Automatic rice setting on microwave for 18 minutes. Remove and keep warm (keep lid on till other food is ready)
- Meanwhile, rub the sweet chilli sauce into the salmon then sprinkle the sesame seeds over making sure they stick by pressing slightly.
- Finely slice the spring onions, sugar snap peas, chilli then julienne the carrot, cucumber, beetroot using a julienne peeler (if not you can coarsely grate). Place all into a bowl with the coriander.
- Place the salmon (skin side down) onto the crisper plate and cook on dynamic crisp setting for 7 minutes or until slightly crispy and cooked.
- Pour the basmati rice into the salad bowl and mix through with the toasted sesame oil, lime juice and 2 tsp of sweet chilli sauce.
- Serve up the salad and place the salmon when ready on top. Amazing, Tasty little dish. Yummy!
These little fish puff parcels are just so yummy and a great quick snack.
I was trying out my little cooking gadgets that I got with my Hotpoint oven and I am amazed everytime I do, another quick tasty meal.
1 roll puff pastry
Fresh cod – approx 250g
Scottish Fresh salmon – approx 250g
50g goats cheese
1 rind lemon and 1 rind lime
spring onions – finely chopped
pepper to taste
egg for wash
- First using the steam pot, place cod and salmon into pot and steam cook for 6 minutes
- Pre heat the crisper plate
- Cut the pastry into long rectangles
- Place the citrus rind and spring onions into the middle of the pastry, then the cheese then place small pieces of cod and salmon. season with pepper
- Using egg wash brush the edges of the pastry and fold the pastry over to make a parcel then seal the edges with a fork.
- Finally egg wash the parcels and place a small hole in the middle for steam to escape
- Cook on dynamic crisp setting for 8 minutes.
- Serve with some balsamic tomatoes….yummy!
I first saw this recipe on Asassyspoon , I just had to give it a go as I love Salmon and Avocado so whats not to like! I changed it ever so slightly to suit my tastes and experiment. I also haven’t invested in a spiralizer yet so its cucumber strips instead of noodles…lol!
Makes 1 portion – obviously add quantities for more.
2 Salmon Fillets – make sure its good quality Scottish Salmon…lol!
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp rainbow peppercorns – ground
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tbsp olive oil – good quality
Salt & pepper to taste
For the dressing:-
1/2 lemon juiced
1/2 garlic clove – crushed
Handful Dill – freshly chopped (or you could use parsley)
1/2 chilli – diced or 1/2 tsp dried flakes
2 tbsp water
Salt & pepper to taste
- Combine the chilli powder, pepper, cumin, salt and pepper in a small bowl with 1 tbsp olive oil. Place salmon in bowl and rub into skin covering all of the salmon.
- Heat a pan on medium heat with 1 tbsp oil. Place fillets into pan skin side down first and cook for 4 minutes, just leave to cook. Then flip fillets over and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, remove.
- Meanwhile make the dressing by mixing together all the dressing ingredients in a blender until you have a smooth paste.
- If you have a spiralizer then use that for your cucumber, if not, you can use a peeler to make strips.
- Add the cucumber to the avocado dressing and coat.
- Place the cucumber onto a plate and place the salmon on top. Serve. Yummy!