It’s starting to get chilly in the mornings now here in Bonnie Scotland, the Autumn has certainly arrived. I do love the Autumn though, apple pies, warm pumpkin soup, warming hearty stews and lovely hot breakfasts! Feeling cold and tired, I decided to colour up my porridge this morning and add some energy boosting foods, it certainly perked me up and put a smile on my face, great way to start the working day. Total calories:- 318
1 portion Scotts porridge oats (I used the so easy version for quickness)
1 banana – sliced
8g almonds – grinded to powder
7g pistachios – grinded to powder
5g chia seeds
pink food colouring
- Cook porridge oats as per normal but adding in the pink colouring
- Place the other ingredients in any way you choose. Make a different design and colour every day! Have fun with your food!
Oh yes another Haggis dish, using up my leftovers, so tonight’s dinner is………………Haggis Toast! Yum! Quick, Tasty, filling and healthy.
2 slices of bread toasted to your liking. I like mine medium toasted!
Haggis leftovers cooked as per instructions and mixed with Beetroot Relish from http://www.everythingchilli.co.uk/, her relishes are so tasty.
Steam some spinach and lay on toast then top with haggis mix. Yummy!
The great thing about Haggis is, it is already spiced and peppered so no other seasonings are needed.
I love a full cooked Scottish breakfast but I also like to eat healthy……this little creation is only 240 calories and about 6g fat……you still get the full flavour without the guilty feeling. A win win all round. I just love breakfast times.
I source all my ingredients locally so everything is fresh and super tasty! Not joined a Food Assembly near you yet, sign up here:-
I’m also following Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution and oh yes this is my omelette challenge entry too! Haven’t signed up yet? Here is the link below.
Makes 1 omelette
2 slices of Black Pudding
1 rasher of low fat smoked bacon
2 cherry tomatoes
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 Tbsp of baked beans
- Heat some low fat cooking spray oil in a pan and lightly fry black pudding (6 mins), bacon (3 mins), mushroom and tomatoes (2-3 mins).
- Beat eggs together, add in salt & pepper, heat oil in a pan and cook omelette until slightly running on top still.
- Add in the filling above and cook for further 1 min, then fold and serve with some baked beans. Yummy!
I also love it when you get a doubler…….maximum flavour too!