Oh Yum, the flavours from this were amazing. I got this recipe from Scott Baptie’s High Protein Handbook 5, full of goodness too. You can check out his website here.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
300g Scottish steak mince
1 tsp Chilli powder
2 tsp mixed spice
1/2 tsp turmeric
150g Basmati rice
300ml Beef Stock
100g frozen peas
2 handfuls of Spinach
Seasoning (salt & pepper)
- Heat oil in a pan on medium to high heat
- Brown onion and garlic for a few minutes
- Add in the mince with seasoning and brown
- Add the spices and cook for a minute, add the rice and mix through until coated.
- Pour in the stock and simmer for about 15-20 minutes
- Add the peas and spinach and cook for a further 5 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed.
- Serve. Yummy!