Another one of my must makes this year is Satay Sauce, and yay…I’ve done it! So simple and healthier than shop bought versions. I went for a mild version tonight, but I also think that adding a little chilli or tobasco could work just as good if you wanted a little kick to it.
Makes enough for 2 portions of stir fry.
3 tbsp Peanut butter – I used Whole Earth Crunchy as I like the bit of crunch, but you can use smooth and any brand you wish.
2 tbsp Soy sauce
1 tbsp Light Brown sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp peanut oil
2 tbsp lime juice
- Put everything in a microwave jug with 2 tbsp water and microwave for 1 minute. Stir and add to your stir fry.
As easy as that! Yummy!
I found this Satay sauce in a local Deli, with it’s slight curry taste twist to it, it has an absolutely amazing flavour with added spice kick. I decided to try it in a stir fry tonight for my dinner, and it was amazing, I’ve only used it as a dip before so this was great.
1 x Chicken Breast – cut into strips or chunks
1 x Red Pepper – sliced
1 x white onion – sliced
1 x carrot – sliced longways finely
Handful of Porcini mushrooms
Spray oil for frying
2 tbsp satay sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
2 tsp of sesame seeds to garnish
1. Brown chicken in fry pan, add in peppers, carrot, mushrooms and onion and fry for a few minutes.
2. Add in soy sauce and satay sauce, mix well together fry for further couple of minutes.
3. Serve and garnish with some sesame seeds. Yummy!
2 Chicken Breasts – cut into strips
1 packet of Panko Breadcrumbs
Salt & Pepper
1 Beaten egg
Oil for frying
Your choice of dipping sauces. My favourites are Satay and Sweet Chilli. I use these brands, the Satay sauce has a lovely Asian taste to it.
- Season your chicken with Salt & Pepper then dip each strip into the flour to coat then dip into the egg then the breadcrumbs, set aside.
2. Pre-heat your oil to a high setting, then gently drop each chicken strip into the oil and cook for about 4 mins each batch or until cooked through.
3. Remove and place onto some kitchen paper to soak up excess oil.
4. Serve with your dips……lovely quick snack, great for the kiddies too!
You could also sprinkle some chilli powder over chicken for that extra kick!