Oh yummy! A Combination I wasn’t sure would work but it absolutely did. Love experimenting! I marinated the Tofu first to give an light spice.
160g Tofu (Marinated)
1 Rainbow Beetroot (I used the white Albina Verduna)
1 Rainbow Carrot (I used the purple one)
Small handful of gardens peas
Small handful of sweetcorn
60g of Camargue Red Rice
2 tbsps Olive oil
1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
For the marinade:
1 tsp Dried Coriander
1 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Ginger
1/2 tsp Turmeric
1/s tsp red chilli flakes
1/2 tsp onion granules
1/2 tsp garlic granules
Squeeze lemon juice
- Cook Rice as per packet instructions, 5 mins before ready add in the peas and sweetcorn to warm through.
- Pre-heat oven to 210 deg. Chopped carrot and beetroot into fine slices (or you can spiralize them) and coat with Olive oil and Balsamic vinegar. Roast in oven for about 15 mins.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together with olive oil and water, coat the tofu and let it soak the spices for a few mins.
- Combine the rice mix, roasted veg mix and tofu together and serve. Yummy! Serve with a lovely crisp glass of Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio!
Another amazing purchase from the Food Assembly this week, Fresh Rainbow Beetroots and Carrots….I just love the colours and design of these vegetables, makes my plate of food more exciting. I made some lovely Italian potatoes to go with these for my fantastic veg dinner tonight. So tasty, full of flavour and very, very healthy, at under 400 calories per plate it’s a winner!
4 small roasting potatoes – cut into 4 lengthways (like wedges)
1 yellow beetroot – sliced (just look at the lovely rings inside)
1 purple carrot – chopped into chunks
1 orange carrot – chopped into chunks
Salt & pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 210 deg.
- In a roasting tin, lightly spray base with light spray oil and place the potatoes facing upward in the dish. Sprinkle with a little olive oil and Italian seasoning to desired taste, then grate a little parmesan cheese over top of potatoes.
- In a separate roasting tin, place in beetroot and carrots and spread out evenly, sprinkle a little olive oil over and season with salt & pepper, nothing else, you want to taste the amazing flavours from these vegetables.
- Place both in hot oven and bake for about 40 minutes.
- 5 minutes before ready, remove potatoes and grate a little more parmesan cheese and put back.