Friday night is mostly pizza night in our house, but as I’m on my Detox this week it was finding an alternative for me and why not Butterfly chicken? I have to say this dish was so delicious and very healthy and nutritious too. Win, win for me!
2 x Chicken Breasts
1 onion – chopped
handful of sweet peppers – chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
1 tsp Italian herbs
1 tbsp tomato paste
Salt & pepper to taste
30g Goats Cheese
- Butterfly your chicken and flatten the thicker part so it will cook evenly.
- Add the chopped onion, peppers, chilli flakes, olive oil and all seasonings into a food bag and make sure all are coated.
- Take 1 tsp and spread onto each chicken breast evenly
- Next add the onion & pepper mix and spread evenly
- Preheat your Crisperplate for 2 minutes on crisp setting then place the chicken breasts on and cook for 5-6 minutes (depending on size of your chicken)
- Remove crisp plate and crumble on the goats cheese evenly, put back into the oven and cook on crisp for a further 3 minutes.
- Serve. Yummy!
(If you don’t have a crisper plate, bake in oven at 200 deg for about 15-20 minutes)
Breakfast at the weekends are my favourite……..long lazy mornings, the smell of fresh coffee, listening to some morning relaxing music on the radio, (oh I sound old…I should say Spotify!….lol!) a good homemade filling breakfast that sets you up for the day……sound perfect? It’s even more perfect when you have a gadget that simply works everytime, and only 1 pan to ever wash up….now that sounds perfect….does it not?
I’ve made hash browns before using a fry pan on hob, but thought I’d try on my crisper plate and wow, so easy, cooked to perfection, no oil used so therefore its healthier, no turning over and non stick………I’ve said it before but I love this little plate.
2 Potatoes – I used Maris Pipers with skin on, all the flavour is in the skin – don’t peel
Salt & pepper
Knob of Butter
Choice of spices or herbs (I used Turmeric for this one, 2 tsp) I’ve also made it with crushed red peppers for some spice and also a little curried powder.
- Wash potatoes then grate using the large holes on a grater
- Preheat the crisper plate on dynamic crisp for 3 minutes, remove from oven and put knob of butter in to melt.
- Sprinkle the potatoes over the plate, leaving small gaps (like a spiders web), this allows the steam to escape and the potatoes to crisp up nicely
- Season with Salt & pepper & your spices or herbs
- Bake on dynamic crisp setting for 6 minutes
- Remove from oven and crack 2 eggs on top of potatoes, put back in and bake for 1m30sec for runny and 2m for hard egg.
- When you slide it off of the plate it should all stick together like a web.
Having some left over potatoes, I wanted something filling for lunch so decided on these little tasty bites. Again using my crisper plate they were ready on only 12 minutes. Quick lunch. Tasty lunch. I added a couple of eggs too for protein.
300g charlotte potatoes
50g parmesan cheese – hard
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp oregano dried
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
- Firstly grated the parmesan into a bowl, add in the oregano, paprika, salt, pepper and garlic powder and mix
- Wash and slice the potatoes, I cut approx 1cm thick or just under. Pat dry with kitchen paper and toss in the olive oil to coat.
- Put the potatoes into the parmesan mix to thoroughly coat
- Preheat the crisper plate on dynamic crisp setting for 3 minutes, remove and empty the potates onto the plate
- Bake on crisper setting for 12 minutes. If adding in the eggs….remove plate with 2 minutes left on clock and crack in the eggs. Cook further. If you like runner eggs, add in at 1.30 mins left.
- Remove and serve…..yummy!
I can’t tell you how this little crisper has changed my cooking methods and even given me quicker cooking times too. It is used in my Combination oven by Hotpoint, the microwave heats up the crisper plate and maintains the heat to cook and crisp from the bottom while the grill comes on to cook and crisp from the top……genius.
4 Italian Sausages (of course you can use any sausage flavour) – cut into thirds
6-8 charlotte potatoes – cut in half
1 red onion – cut into wedges
1 yellow and red pepper – sliced
1 clove garlic
Seasoning:- Pepper, Salt and rosemary
- Preheat crisper plate using dynamic crisp setting for 3 minutes
- Put all ingredients onto the plate and season
- Cook using the metal round stand for about 10 minutes then remove, shake (ensuring sausages are getting browned all round) and put back in for another 10 minutes.
- Remove and serve, if you like your sausages well cooked then put back in for another 5 minutes.
- Just keep your eye on them.
Yummy quick dinner, NO pans, NO baking trays….simple cleaning up too!
This is my take on Jamie Olivers 5 Ingredient Recipe on his new Channel 4 TV Show and from his new book. It was really delicious and so easy to make.
Makes 6 small pots (or 4 big ones, if you’re like me….lol!)
200g Dark Chocolate
1 jar Black cherries (about 400g) I only used half.
2 tbsp golden cast sugar
200ml double cream
- First melt chocolate on Induction hob at No. 1 (or in a bowl over water) Keep 1 square of chocolate back for decoration.
- Heat up the cherries in syrup gently for about 5-10 minutes
- Divide the whites from the yolks into separate bowls
- Mix the egg whites with a pinch of sea salt until stiff peaks
- Mix the cream until slightly thick, then add egg yolks and sugar, mix to combine
- Allow the cherries and chocolate to cool before adding
- Gently add the chocolate to the cream mixture and fold together
- Then gently fold in the egg whites to the chocolate mixture
- Place mousse into a dish, then cherries, then mousse, then cherries……layer up as much as you want.
- Grate some chocolate over top to finish……………devour!!!!
Inspired by Scottish Foods and a visit to a food festival recently I decided to try these little rolls myself. So yummy!
Makes about 10 mini rolls
200g Stornoway Black Pudding
2 x Granny Smith apples
1 shop bought ready rolled puff pastry (saves so much time)
Tomato or Brown sauce (whichever is your preference)
1 egg for wash
Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the black pudding and haggis as per instructions, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile peel off skin from apple and core, chop into small chunks. Caramelise the apple in a fry pan for about 15-20 mins.
- Roll out pastry and cut length ways once
- Once haggis and pudding are cooked, place in a bowl and mash up with apple and seasoning
- Spread the pastry with your choice of sauce about 3 tbsp each length then fill the centre of each length with the pudding mixture
- Brush the egg wash around the edges of the pastry then roll up the pastry and seal the edges. Use a knife of fork to seal gently.
- You can now cut into the size you desire
- I used my magic little Crisper plate to bake these but you can of course bake in a preheat oven of 190 deg for about 20 minutes. Using the crisper, preheat for 2 minutes on dynamic crisp setting. Bake on crisper for 8 minutes.
We decided to have a spanish afternoon and I was dying to try something different in my new Crisper Plate. Absolutely loved this recipe, healthy, tasty and only 12 minutes in my new crisper plate.
Perfectly served with some San Miguel…….we just needed the sunshine…lol!
Makes a 12 inch size – 4 portions
250g potatoes – sliced (I left skin on but it’s up to you)
1 tbsp butter or oil
Sliced onion (I used shallots – better flavour)
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat crisp plate for 3 mins. Place butter on a allow to melt
- Place potatoes onto plate.
- Cook on Dynamic Crisp for 5 minutes.
- Place the onion on top of potatoes and cook further for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile beat the eggs, milk and salt & pepper together then pour over potatoes.
- Cook further for 3 minutes
- Turn on grill and brown for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve. Yummy!