This is a very simple and quick satisfying dinner & a healthy nutritious one too. The added crispy onions on top just give it a lovely little crunch. I used Corn Tacos for extra flavour.
Makes enough for 6 tacos.
1 can Black Beans, rinsed (400g)
150g sweetcorn (fresh or frozen)
1 red pepper, diced
1 tsp dried chilli flakes or chilli powder
1 tbsp cumin
1/2 tsp onion granules
1/2 tsp garlic powder
100g baby spinach
6 Corn Tacos
50g grated cheese (any of your choice)
4 tbsp crispy onions (for recipe click here)
- Heat a little oil in a fry pan on medium to high heat
- Add in the pepper and sweetcorn and cook for about 5 minutes
- Add in the black beans, chilli, garlic, onion granules, cumin and pinch of salt, mix through and cook for about 5 minutes
- Add in the baby spinach and 2 tbsp water, cover and let spinach wilt for about a minute of 2. Mix through. Finished with 2 tbsp coriander and juice from 1 lime.
- To serve, heat up the corn tacos under a grill (or tortillas if using). 2 tbsp of bean mix, top with sour cream, cheese and crispy onions. Yummy!