I know, I’m going to tell you all about my Crisperplate again….lol! Just 7 minutes bake time for these quick and easy puff pastry pizzas, compared to an oven bake (20 mins), the Crisper does it in more than half the time with the same results.
One my own this afternoon I just wanted a quick lunch, so this was perfect. I decided to use up things in my fridge, so I went for this combo, but you can make any combination you like. (times may vary)
1 roll puff pastry (use half if making 2) – cut in half or quarter if making 4
2 tbsp tomato paste
Mushrooms – I used Chestnut
Little olive oil
- Pre heat your crisper plate for 2 minutes
- Roll out pastry and with each half, score a 1cm border all the way around.
- Score a couple of diagonal lines in the middle (do not go right through) then place onto crisper plate.
- Place grated mozzarella into the middle, evenly but not too thick. Season.
- Then place the mushrooms in a layer evenly and drizzle a little oil over. Season
- Cook on Crisper setting for 7-8 minutes or until your desired brownness level.
So having made my square sausages, which were so tasty, I now wanted to try more than just putting it on a morning roll or using in a breakfast. Having some puff pastry in the fridge, little square sausage puffs it was. Super tasty and proper comfort food.
1 packet of pre rolled puff pastry
3 square sausages, Get my recipe here :- Square Sausage
Tomato Ketchup or Brown Sauce (whichever is your favourite)
1 egg – whisked for wash
- Preheat your oven to 200 deg.
- Roll our pastry and cut into 3 sections
- Egg wash edges of each section of pastry and place 1 tbsp of choosen sauce in centre.
- Place 1 square sausage onto pastry and then fold over and seal edges with a fork.
- Place onto a pre-heated baking tray and brush with the egg wash for a good glaze finish.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes of until golden brown all over.
- Remove and serve. I love baked beans with sausages.
I had some pastry left over and decided to give these quick little bites a try, the flavour was amazing so sweet. I drizzled with a little Maple Syrup and I have to say it went really well, but so would chocolate…Mmmmmmm!
I used my little Crisper plate to bake and it only took 5 minutes……..what could be better? 5 minute bites!
1 sheet puff pastry
5 tbsp Golden Caster Sugar
3 tbsp cinnamon
1 egg for wash
- Mix the caster sugar & cinnamon together in a bowl (you can use quantities to your own taste)
- Lay out the pastry and sprinkle the sugar mix all over, then fold in half lengthways, seal with a little water
- Cut the pastry with a sharp knife or pizza cutter into long strips about 1cm wide
- Take both ends of strip and slowly start to twist, not too tightly or the pastry won’t puff up.
- Then gently wrap around into a swirl shape and seal the end underneath to the centre. Make sure to seal tightly or they will unravel as some of mine did while cooking. Brush with the egg wash and place onto the preheated crisper plate. Cook onto Dynamic crisp for 5-6 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Serve with our favourite topping.
This was Inspired by Jamie Oliver’s 5 Ingredient Programme. It looked and sounded too good not to try. However, I decided to put my own slight twist to it. This dish is so yummy and very filling too.
I think I’m going to try it next with Red pesto and chilli. Mmmmmmmm!
4 Chicken Breasts
1 Roll Puff Pastry
4 tbsp Green Pesto
1 egg for wash
Bag of baby spinach
Sat & pepper to season
Cherry tomatoes or vine.
- Preheat oven to 220 deg. Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Firstly flatten out chicken breasts with a rolling pin, just so the fattest part is even with rest of the chicken as you want it to cook evenly through.
- Slice each chicken breast horizontally and stuff with some spinach leaves.
- Cut the puff pastry lengthways once, then vertically 6 times to make 14 small rectangles.
- Spoon 1 tbsp of pesto onto the chicken breast and place onto the backing sheet.
- Take the puff pastry strips and wrap around the chicken, overlapping each time. Brush with egg wash.
- Place the chicken breasts on the centre shelf (No.3) then place the tomatoes in a pan on shelf level below (No. 1). Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile steam cook the rest of the spinach. (3 minutes)
- Slice the chicken breasts and serve…….yummy!
This was a quick throw together breakfast this morning. Being out the night before, we woke quite hungry and a simple bowl of cereal or toast was not going to cut it….lol! It’s amazing sometimes what you can put together when you just take 2 minutes to look in your fridge and cupboards! Using my crisper plate these little tartlets baked in just 8 minutes.
1 Roll of Puff Pastry
4 Chipolata Sausages or Wee willy winkies (cocktails sausages!)
4 tsp tomato pasta with Chilli
4 medium eggs
handful of tomatoes (small) halved
8 rashers of smoked bacon
Salt & pepper to season
- Preheat the crisper plate for 2 minutes.
- Place bacon and sausages onto plate and cook for about 3 minutes
- Meanwhile, cut the pastry into squares and with a sharp knife score a 1cm border around the pastry, like a picture frame. Do not cut all the way through.
- Remove the bacon and sausages to a plate and wipe dry the crisper plate
- Spoon 1 tsp of tomato paste over the centre of the pastry.
- Chop the cooked bacon and sausages into small pieces and place onto the tomato paste, leave room in the middle for the egg later.
- Place onto crisper plate and bake for 6 minutes, the edges will start to puff up.
- Remove plate and crack the egg into the middle of the pastry, add the tomatoes and season. Bake for a further 2m 30 secs. or until desired egg setting.
- Remove and devour! Yummy!
Inspired by Scottish Foods and a visit to a food festival recently I decided to try these little rolls myself. So yummy!
Makes about 10 mini rolls
200g Stornoway Black Pudding
2 x Granny Smith apples
1 shop bought ready rolled puff pastry (saves so much time)
Tomato or Brown sauce (whichever is your preference)
1 egg for wash
Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the black pudding and haggis as per instructions, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile peel off skin from apple and core, chop into small chunks. Caramelise the apple in a fry pan for about 15-20 mins.
- Roll out pastry and cut length ways once
- Once haggis and pudding are cooked, place in a bowl and mash up with apple and seasoning
- Spread the pastry with your choice of sauce about 3 tbsp each length then fill the centre of each length with the pudding mixture
- Brush the egg wash around the edges of the pastry then roll up the pastry and seal the edges. Use a knife of fork to seal gently.
- You can now cut into the size you desire
- I used my magic little Crisper plate to bake these but you can of course bake in a preheat oven of 190 deg for about 20 minutes. Using the crisper, preheat for 2 minutes on dynamic crisp setting. Bake on crisper for 8 minutes.
I started watching Jamie Oliver’s new 5 Ingredient TV Show and liked the sound of the Almond Puff Pastry. Using my little magic Crisper Plate, thought I would give this a go.
All butter puff pastry
100g ground almonds or whole and blitz
2 eggs (1 for wash)
1 tbsp double cream
- Roll out puff pastry into 2 circles
- Blitz almonds in a processor, or if using ground add to a mixing bowl, add 1 spoon icing sugar, 1 tbsp cream and egg and mix together until blended
- Place 1 circle onto preheated crisper plate and fill the centre with the mixture leaving approx 1 inch all round
- Place the other pastry circle on top and seal the edges with a fork
- Brush will egg wash and put small knife hole in the middle
- Cook on Dynamic Crisp setting for about 10 minutes.
- Remove and dust with some icing sugar then serve with some fresh cream……oh so yummy!