If you have read my last few posts, you will know I got a massive 2.5kg bag of potatoes for 29p last week……I know right….so cheap! So my task this week was to use them all…lol! Today I had to use up some leftover vegetables so I decided on pesto Potatoes……this was so delicious, nutritious and a filling meal.
4 Maris piper potatoes – cut into bite size pieces (I left skin on, more flavour)
Handful or Broccoli
Salt & pepper
Green Pesto – 3 tbsps (see recipe below)
clove of garlic crushed
Fresh Basil – large bunch
handful of pine nuts – about 100g
Parmesan Cheese – grated
- Place garlic and basil leaves in a blender and pulse until chopped
- Add in the pine nuts (toasted) and parmesan and pulse to blend
- Slowly add in some olive oil, just enough to bring it all together, then squeeze in the lemon juice. Serve.
- Cook potatoes through until soft, you can either boil or steam cook, 4 minutes before you think they are ready, pour in some peas to the potatoes and simmer.
- Meanwhile, Steam cook your broccoli and spinach for 3 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and put into a large bowl, add in the spinach and broccoli
- Spoon 3 heaped tbsp of pesto and mix through, season
- Serve into a bowl or plate and top with some pine nuts for extra crunch.
Don’t you just love quick and easy cooking? Sometimes, especially on bank holiday Mondays when your relaxed, you just don’t feel like cooking but still want something healthy, nutritious, flavoursome with hardly any washing up? Oh yes, you’ve guessed it……out comes the little Crisper plate, this little dish is so easy and quick with perfect results. I also used my new Steam pot too for extra nutrition. I just love Gadgets that work for me.
Makes 2 servings.
For the Crisper Plate:-
2 Chicken Breasts – cut into large bite size pieces
2-3 potatoes – cut into bite size chunks (skin on)
2-3 sweet peppers – cut into wedges
1 red onion – cut into wedges
Handful of plum tomatoes
Salt & Pepper
Red Pepper Chilli flakes
Garlic & Parsley seasoning
- Pre-heat the Crisper plate for 2 minutes on Dynamic Crisp
- Place all above ingredients (except the tomatoes) into a bowl or food bag and drizzle with a little oil, shake to coat chicken, potatoes and veg.
- Place onto the Crisper plate and cook for 12-15 minutes (depends on thickness of potatoes and chicken or how crispy you like it)
- After 6 minutes, add in the plum tomatoes and cook.
For the Steamed Vegetables:-
Your choice of vegetables, I choose broccoli, asparagus and spinach.
Place broccoli and asparagus onto the steam pot grid and fill the pot with 200ml water. Place into the oven and select sensor steam, cook for 5 minutes.
2 minutes before cooking is due to finish, place the spinach in the pot and continue to cook.
I picked up an amazing bargain recently in Aldi’s….29p for 2.5kg bag of Maris Piper potatoes…..Yes I know…..right…..29p!! So after picking up some lovely scottish beef sausages at my local butchers I decided a Stew was the perfect match for these potatoes.
A warm comfort filling dish.
Makes 4 servings.
8 Scottish Beef sausages (or any of your choice)
4 potatoes – washed and cubed (skin on)
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato puree
300ml chicken stock
2 garlic clove – crushed
1 tbsp olive oil
2-3 sweet red peppers – sliced
1 red onion – quartered
1 tsp crushed chillies
1 tsp hot smoked paprika
salt & pepper
1 tbsp worcester sauce
1 tbsp mixed herbs
- Gently heat up to a medium heat a fry pan with oil.
- Gently fry the peppers and onion with the garlic, chillies and paprika until softened, remove from pan with slotted spoon.
- Put your sausages into the pan and gently brown on all sides.
- Once sausages are browned add back to the pan the pepper mix, tomato paste, tin tomatoes, chicken stock, potatoes, salt & pepper, worcester sauce and mix. Bring to the boil then simmer for approx 25 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- A few minutes before ready add in the mixed herbs, and cut the sausages into 3 sections, then serve. Yummy!
Looking in my fridge I had to use up my leftover chorizo, so this was my Friday night quick dinner creation. Very filling, loads of flavour and loads of goodness too. I decided to use my Crisper plate instead of a fry pan then oven and was so glad I did as it only took 15 minutes to cook and more importantly 1 dish to wash up….lol!
Serves 4 (or 2 hungry people)
2 white potatoes
1 sweet potato
Chorizo – I used 1/3 of a 225g ring
1 red onion
1 large handful of kale
1 garlic clove or 2 tsp garlic granules
Salt & ground black pepper to taste
- Place a knob of butter on plate and pre heat Crisper Plate on Dynamic crisp setting for 3 minutes.
- Slice the potatoes and red onion about 1/2 cm thick
- Slice up the Chorizo not too thick.
- Whisk the eggs into a jug/bowl and season.
- Place the potatoes onto the crisper plate a start to layer up then season each layer with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Cook on dynamic Crisp setting for 8 minutes
- Remove then add on the red onion and chorizo, cook for a further 5 minutes
- Remove plate then add on the Kale and pour egg mixture over evenly. Cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Gently remove and serve. Yummy!
This little dish is now becoming another go to dinner in my house, it so easy to prep, has a lovely taste and using my crisper plate is ready in under 15 minutes. I do love easy cooking sometimes.
2 Chicken Breasts
1 tbsp Rose Harissa
4-6 charlotte potatoes – halved
3-4 sweet peppers
1 red onion – cut into wedges
1 clove garlic – crushed
Salt & pepper to taste
1 tbsp olive oil
- Cut chicken into large bite size pieces and place in a bowl with the harissa, mix to coats evenly.
- In a separate bowl place the potatoes, onion and peppers with garlic, pour 1 tbsp olive oil then season with salt & pepper.
- Preheat your crisper plate for about 2-3 minutes on dynamic crisp setting
- Place the chicken and potato mix onto the crisper plate and cook for a further 12-14 minutes on dynamic crisp setting.
- Mix and serve. Yummy!
Breakfast at the weekends are my favourite……..long lazy mornings, the smell of fresh coffee, listening to some morning relaxing music on the radio, (oh I sound old…I should say Spotify!….lol!) a good homemade filling breakfast that sets you up for the day……sound perfect? It’s even more perfect when you have a gadget that simply works everytime, and only 1 pan to ever wash up….now that sounds perfect….does it not?
I’ve made hash browns before using a fry pan on hob, but thought I’d try on my crisper plate and wow, so easy, cooked to perfection, no oil used so therefore its healthier, no turning over and non stick………I’ve said it before but I love this little plate.
2 Potatoes – I used Maris Pipers with skin on, all the flavour is in the skin – don’t peel
Salt & pepper
Knob of Butter
Choice of spices or herbs (I used Turmeric for this one, 2 tsp) I’ve also made it with crushed red peppers for some spice and also a little curried powder.
- Wash potatoes then grate using the large holes on a grater
- Preheat the crisper plate on dynamic crisp for 3 minutes, remove from oven and put knob of butter in to melt.
- Sprinkle the potatoes over the plate, leaving small gaps (like a spiders web), this allows the steam to escape and the potatoes to crisp up nicely
- Season with Salt & pepper & your spices or herbs
- Bake on dynamic crisp setting for 6 minutes
- Remove from oven and crack 2 eggs on top of potatoes, put back in and bake for 1m30sec for runny and 2m for hard egg.
- When you slide it off of the plate it should all stick together like a web.
Having some left over potatoes, I wanted something filling for lunch so decided on these little tasty bites. Again using my crisper plate they were ready on only 12 minutes. Quick lunch. Tasty lunch. I added a couple of eggs too for protein.
300g charlotte potatoes
50g parmesan cheese – hard
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp oregano dried
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
- Firstly grated the parmesan into a bowl, add in the oregano, paprika, salt, pepper and garlic powder and mix
- Wash and slice the potatoes, I cut approx 1cm thick or just under. Pat dry with kitchen paper and toss in the olive oil to coat.
- Put the potatoes into the parmesan mix to thoroughly coat
- Preheat the crisper plate on dynamic crisp setting for 3 minutes, remove and empty the potates onto the plate
- Bake on crisper setting for 12 minutes. If adding in the eggs….remove plate with 2 minutes left on clock and crack in the eggs. Cook further. If you like runner eggs, add in at 1.30 mins left.
- Remove and serve…..yummy!