O.M.G!! What can I say………….this little creation is my best yet……absolutely delicious! 10/10 my boyfriend said….lol!
I just love a relaxing saturday afternoon baking, while my boyfriend was watching the Rugby I was listening to my favourite tunes by Imagine Dragons and creating some little afternoon delights.
140g Golden Caster Sugar
140g Self Raising Flour
5 tbsp milk
100g milk or dark chocolate drops (whichever you prefer)
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp almond extract
250g icing sugar
Green food colouring
- Preheat oven to 160 deg.
- Line a Muffin tin with cases.
- Blitz the pistachios in a blender under finely chopped. (keep a little back for decoration)
- Mix flour, sugar, butter, eggs, milk, vanilla essence, almond extract and pistachios in an electric mixer until well blended and smooth.
- Divide the mixture between the cases and then push some chocolate chips into each one.
- Bake in the oven for about 23-25 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Leave to cool on a rack after.
- Meanwhile, sift the icing sugar into a bowl and add 1 tbsp at a time of water until you get a thick but still slightly running texture. Then drop 1 or 2 drops of food colour into icing to make a pale green colour.
- Melt some chocolate in the microwave for the decoration. About 1 minute – 1m30secs.
- When cakes are cool, top with the icing, then left over pistachios and drizzle with the chocolate. Refrigerate for about 1/2 hr to harden.
- Then just devour! Oh so Yummy!
It’s starting to get chilly in the mornings now here in Bonnie Scotland, the Autumn has certainly arrived. I do love the Autumn though, apple pies, warm pumpkin soup, warming hearty stews and lovely hot breakfasts! Feeling cold and tired, I decided to colour up my porridge this morning and add some energy boosting foods, it certainly perked me up and put a smile on my face, great way to start the working day. Total calories:- 318
1 portion Scotts porridge oats (I used the so easy version for quickness)
1 banana – sliced
8g almonds – grinded to powder
7g pistachios – grinded to powder
5g chia seeds
pink food colouring
- Cook porridge oats as per normal but adding in the pink colouring
- Place the other ingredients in any way you choose. Make a different design and colour every day! Have fun with your food!
Love….Love…Love these! Full of goodness and energy.
50g Dark Chocolate (70%)
handful of pistachio’s – crushed
oh….and 1 skewer to hold banana in place.
- Melt the chocolate, peel the banana and insert the skewer, pour the chocolate over the banana while gently turning to cover. Then sprinkle the pistachio’s over.
- Remove skewer, lay on a plate and allow to cool in fridge to harden the chocolate. (about 1/2 hour)
Love these for a post workout snack or simply just to indulge!
Oh yum! Looking for something fresh and different for breakfast, I came up with this little Parfait, that was absolutely delicious! Once you take a spoonful you taste the strawberry yoghurt then you get the hit of the chocolate mint with the crunch of the oats, coconut and pistachio’s…….oh yummy!
4 tbsp Strawberry Yoghurt
4 tbsp Vanilla Yoghurt
4 Strawberries – sliced
1 small banana – sliced
2 tbsp toasted oats
2 tbsp toasted coconut
3 Chocolate mint leaves – chopped
1 tbsp of pistachio’s chopped
- Place 2 tbsp of strawberry yoghurt in a glass, then top with 2 tbsp of vanilla yoghurt.
- Place a layer of strawberries and bananas on top and sprinkle 1 tbsp oats and coconut on.
- Sprinkle on the chocolate mint leaves
- Then do above over again for a second layer.
- Top with any remaining banana or strawberries and pistachio’s and serve! YUMMY!
Makes 2 Chicken breasts – Approx 320 calories.
2 x Chicken Breasts
1 tbsp golden breadcrumbs
1 tbsp Italian Seasoning or a mix of Basil and Oregano
1 tbsp mustard (optional)
1. Blitz the pistachios in a processor until fine like pieces
2. Mix the breadcrumbs, seasoning and pistachios together
3. Coat the chicken breasts with the mustard if using and place in seasoning pressing firmly into the chicken to coat well.
4. Place on a baking sheet and bake in oven at 190 deg for 30 mins.
Mixed leaves of choice, Grated Beetroot, Grated Carrot, Cherry tomatoes (halved), cucumber sliced, Feta cheese, Olives (your choice), 1 pomegranate, Olive oil and Balsamic Vinegar for dressing.
3/4 Aubergines (Halved)
1 garlic clove
Olive oil (2 tbsp)
1 tbsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
6 tbsps Pistachio’s
Handful of fresh mint
250g natural yoghurt
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 220 deg.
2. Halved Aubergines longways, and make 1cm deep cuts diagonally about 2-3cm apart. Rub the garlic over the top of each one and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and bake in oven for approx 30-40 mins.
3. Mix up aubergines spices and dust over then cook for a further 5 mins.
4. For the yoghurt, mix pistachios, yoghurt, mint and olive oil in a blender until smooth. Set aside until ready.
5. Mix all salad ingredients in a bowl with dressing, serve onto a plate and sprinkle feta cheese over.
6. Cut pomegranate in half and carefully remove seeds, discarding any white pith, sprinkle seeds over salad.
7. Place baked Aubergines on top of salad and serve with the yoghurt dressing.