Oh yummy…….I had some left over Harissa Paste and some veggies in the fridge, and yes, you guessed it……Harissa Tray Bake it was. I have to say this was super tasty and also super healthy…..I even got my boyfriend to eat veggies, which believe me is no mean feat….lol!
Great as a main dish or a side dish. I decided a main dish and served with some of my homemade Chapati’s
Serves 2 (main dishes)
1 large sweet potato – cut into small chunks
1 large red onion – cut into wedges
2 Carrots – cut into small chunks
1 x red & 1 x yellow pepper – sliced thickly
1 Cauliflower – cut into small florets
2 Parsnips – cut into small chunks
1 x 400g tin chickpeas
1 x 200g tin tomatoes
2 large heaped tbsps of Rose Harissa Paste
1 tbsp oil
Salt & pepper to season
- Place all vegetables into a food bag or bowl, then add the harissa paste and mix thoroughly to coat all the veggies. (this can be stored in fridge for later if need be)
- Preheat oven to 200 deg and oil a baking tray.
- Empty the vegetables (except asparagus) from the bag onto the baking tray and make sure they are spread evenly. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Now add the chickpeas and the asparagus to the tray and bake for a further 15 minutes or until evenly browned all over.
- In a microwave bowl add the chopped tin tomatoes with salt & pepper to season and warm thought for about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour tomato sauce into a serving dish, empty the vegetables from the baking tray into the serving dish and mix through.
- Serve with some sprinkled coriander. Yummy!
These were delicious and very healthy too. My Hotpoint oven has automatic cooking programmes, so I used the Stuffed Pepper setting and these baked to perfection.
2 onions – chopped
6 Sweet Peppers – chopped
1 can chopped tomatoes (400g)
3-4 large peppers – colour to your choosing.
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tbsp olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
- Heat oil in a pan
- Add all ingredients to the pan except the large peppers and cook for 5 minutes
- Cut the tops off of the large peppers and de-seed. Place in a roasting tin.
- Fill the peppers with the mixture and place the tops back on.
- Select Auto recipes, side dishes then stuffed peppers and bake for approx 35-50 minutes (depends on size of peppers)
- Serve. Yummy!
Sundays are all about Stews……good home cooked food. Sundays are my chillout day and also my home comforts day, so there’s nothing better than a tasty Stew. This one was full of flavour, very spicy and full of protein too. I served it with some homemade crusty baguettes.
6 Sausages (to your own taste. I used Black pepper Beef sausages) you could use low fat sausages to make it even healthier.
1 Cal cooking Spray
1 red romano pepper (the long pointy ones), deseeded and cut into 1cm strips
1 clove garlic crushed
1 tbsp hot chilli powder – less if you don’t like it too spicy
1 tbsp hot smoked paprika
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
100ml chicken stock
200g cannellini beans, drained
200g red kidney beans, drained
6 spring onions, finely chopped
chopped parsley to garnish.
- Spray a non stick fry pan and heat on a medium heat.
- Gently fry the spring onions, pepper and garlic then add 3 tbsp water and cover. Cook on a simmer for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Meanwhile, gently brown sausages in a fry pan with spray oil.
- Once browned, remove and cut into 3 diagonally.
- Add chilli powder, paprika and worcester sauce into the pepper mix and stir, then add the passata, chicken stock, sausages and beans, bring up to a boil, then simmer for about 10-15 minutes uncovered.
- Serve in a soup bowl and garnish with parsley. Serve with some fresh crusty bread. Yummy!
This little dish is now becoming another go to dinner in my house, it so easy to prep, has a lovely taste and using my crisper plate is ready in under 15 minutes. I do love easy cooking sometimes.
2 Chicken Breasts
1 tbsp Rose Harissa
4-6 charlotte potatoes – halved
3-4 sweet peppers
1 red onion – cut into wedges
1 clove garlic – crushed
Salt & pepper to taste
1 tbsp olive oil
- Cut chicken into large bite size pieces and place in a bowl with the harissa, mix to coats evenly.
- In a separate bowl place the potatoes, onion and peppers with garlic, pour 1 tbsp olive oil then season with salt & pepper.
- Preheat your crisper plate for about 2-3 minutes on dynamic crisp setting
- Place the chicken and potato mix onto the crisper plate and cook for a further 12-14 minutes on dynamic crisp setting.
- Mix and serve. Yummy!
Using some leftovers in my fridge, this is what I came up with for my brunch today. Yes brunch………I had a bit of a lay in this morning.”….I just love Saturday mornings……no alarms…..no rush to get up……no work……heaven.
100g diced chorizo
5 eggs – whisked
4 spring onions – diced
1 orange pepper – diced
1 red onion – diced
6 cherry tomatoes – quartered
parmesan cheese – about 2 tbsps
salt & rainbow peppercorns for seasoning
- Preheat your oven to 180 deg
- Fry in a little oil the chorizo and red onion – approx 5 minutes until browned
- Grease a muffin tin
- Place a spoonful of the chorizo in the tin, then sprinkle the peppers, spring onion and tomatoes into the tin.
- Pour in the egg mixture into each tin and then grate a little parmesan cheese on top and season with salt and pepper
- Bake for about 25 minutes
- Allow to cool slightly remove from tin and serve……..so Yummy!
Saturday lunch in my house today was Focaccia, although it turned out to much more like a pizza….lol…..I couldn’t decide on my toppings so just put it all in. Was absolutely delicious. (although note to self…….less toppings next time!)
I decided to try it using my crisper tray and it didn’t fail me, results were amazing in just 15 mins.
400g White bread flour
300ml warm milk
1 sachet 7g yeast
1 tsp of dried Italian herbs (or you can use a mix of garlic, oregano, thyme, basil and black pepper)
1 tbsp olive oil
Toppings of your choice………I used Mixed Piccolo tomatoes (halved), sliced roasted peppers, sauteed red onion, black olives, fresh basil leaves.
Salt & pepper to season
- Mix the yeast with the warm milk and leave for about 10 mins until it starts to froth.
- Mix the Flour, salt & herbs in a large mixing bowl
- Pour the milk into the flour and mix well. Knead dough for about 10 mins by hand or using a mixer for a few minutes until blended together into a dough.
- Let dough rise for about 1 hour. Use rising setting on Hotpoint oven.
- Preheat crisper plate for 2 minutes on Dynamic Crisp setting.
- Once dough has risen, place directly onto crisper plate and spread it out evenly to cover crisper plate.
- Place your toppings into the dough evenly and drizzle with a little oil
- Cook on dynamic crisp setting for 15 mins. (Or oven at 220deg for 20 mins)
When I got my new Hotpoint Combi Oven with this Crisper Plate, I didn’t realise just how much I would use it, I call it my magic plate as it cooks everything in a fraction of the time with tasty results.
We all want healthy meals in minutes these days and this little plate does it all. This was one of the first recipes I had seen and used, so tasty and in 12 minutes.
Serves 2 people.
1 large chicken breast – cut into large chunks
6 Salad potatoes of your choice – sliced in half
1 red & green pepper – sliced
1 red onion – wedges
1 garlic clove – sliced
Tomatoes on the vine – I used Piccolo (my fav)
1 tsp olive oil
Salt & pepper
- I sprinkled my chicken pieces with some smoked paprika for extra flavour – you can of course use anything. I’ve also used rosemary.
- Preheat the crisper plate on the crisper setting for 3 minutes
- Place the potatoes, onion, garlic and peppers in a food bag and drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil in with salt & pepper and shake to coat.
- Place all ingredients onto the crisper plate and cook for 12 mins on the crisper setting.
- Its as easy as that………healthy quick meal in minutes.
- The tomatoes turn very juicy while cooking for that length of time which gives you your juice for the meal, if you don’t like it too juicy, add the tomatoes after 6 minutes.