O.M.G……if you love peanut butter and chicken you will love this…….even more so when the chicken just tears apart after being slow cooked……..melt in your mouth heaven.
Makes 2 servings
2 chicken breasts
2 tbsp peanut butter (smooth or crunchy…your choice)
1 tsp honey
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp chilli paste
1/2 cup almond milk
1 red pepper – chopped
Salt & pepper to season
handful of coriander finely chopped for garnish
2 tbsp chopped peanuts for garnish
- Add peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, garlic, chilli paste and almond milk to an ovenproof dish or slow cooker and whisk until sauce is well combined.
- Place seasoned chicken breasts and peppers into dish and cover with the sauce. Cook on Slow Cooker setting for about 7.5 hours.
- Remove from oven and shred chicken with 2 forks, then return to the oven for a further 1/2 hour.
- Serve with your favourite rice and garnish with coriander and peanuts. YUMMY!
If your anything like me……I Love peanut butter, so when I saw this recipe being executed on TV I just had to try it. I have adjusted the ingredients slightly to suit our tastes and I have to admit it’s bloody lovely! This will soon be a staple recipe in my household I think.
You can serve it with some rice for a dinner, or even just on a toasted open baguette (which we done) or even as a filling in a wrap for lunch, its very versatile.
Makes enough for 4 people
For the Chicken Thighs and marinade:-
500g chicken thighs cut into strips
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp cornflour
1 tbsp peanut oil
For the Sauce:-
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (good quality one)
80g peanut butter – crunchy
1 tsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp sichuan peppercorns – toasted and ground (you can use rainbow peppercorns too)
2 tbsp peanut oil
2 red chillies – chopped finely or 2 tsp dried chillies
4 spring onions – finely chopped
2 garlic cloves – crushed
1 inch root ginger, finely chopped
- For the marinade for chicken thighs – Mix the soy sauce, peanut oil and cornflour in a bowl, add the chicken and ensure coated evenly, allow to stand at room temperature for at least 1/2 hour.
- Meanwhile for the sauce, combine together balsamic vinegar, peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil and peppercorns until smooth.
- Heat a wok or large fry pan over a medium to high heat, add the peanut oil to heat through until pan is coated, then add in the chillies, ginger and garlic cook for about 1 minute.
- Add in the marinated chicken and cook until chicken is browned all over. Add in the spring onions and the sauce mixture coating all the chicken pieces, cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Serve with your choice of accompaniment.
Oh yummy…yummy…yummy! In a bid to try and eat a bit healthier, I decided to make some peanut butter hummus for my saturday night munchies, I got the original recipe from Nigella but tweeked it slightly.
Makes enough for a medium tub – about 400g
1 can chick peas drained
1 clove garlic – peeled
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp peanut butter
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp sea salt flakes
1 tsp ground cumin
3 tbsp greek yoghurt
1 tsp smoked paprika to serve
- Place everything (except paprika) into a food processor and blitz until smooth. If its too thick still add more yoghurt.
- Sprinkle paprika before serving. Tuck in with some fresh carrots or some healthy crackers.