Oh it’s that time of the year where cinnamon is a staple ingredient in your household and no better way to use it than to make cinnamon glazed swirls……oh so yummy!
For the swirls:-
1 puff pastry sheet
spoonful of butter melted
3 tbsp caster sugar
3 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
For the Glaze:-
1/2 cup icing sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Pre-heat oven to 190deg
- Roll out pastry sheet, brush with butter then sprinkle sugars and cinnamon evenly over pastry sheet
- Carefully start to roll the pastry up not too tight but not too loose
- Using a sharp knife, slice the roll into 6 or 7 sections evenly.
- Grease a baking tin or tray and place the swirls upright leaving a little space between each to allow for expansion of pastry.
- Bake for approx 20-25 mins until golden brown
- Meanwhile to make the glaze, mix the milk and vanilla essence with the icing sugar until you have a thick but not too thick consistencey, if too runny just keep adding more icing sugar. Using a spoon drizzle over swirls once removed from oven, allow to harden and serve……oh so yummy!