Oh yummy…….I had some left over Harissa Paste and some veggies in the fridge, and yes, you guessed it……Harissa Tray Bake it was. I have to say this was super tasty and also super healthy…..I even got my boyfriend to eat veggies, which believe me is no mean feat….lol!
Great as a main dish or a side dish. I decided a main dish and served with some of my homemade Chapati’s
Serves 2 (main dishes)
1 large sweet potato – cut into small chunks
1 large red onion – cut into wedges
2 Carrots – cut into small chunks
1 x red & 1 x yellow pepper – sliced thickly
1 Cauliflower – cut into small florets
2 Parsnips – cut into small chunks
1 x 400g tin chickpeas
1 x 200g tin tomatoes
2 large heaped tbsps of Rose Harissa Paste
1 tbsp oil
Salt & pepper to season
- Place all vegetables into a food bag or bowl, then add the harissa paste and mix thoroughly to coat all the veggies. (this can be stored in fridge for later if need be)
- Preheat oven to 200 deg and oil a baking tray.
- Empty the vegetables (except asparagus) from the bag onto the baking tray and make sure they are spread evenly. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Now add the chickpeas and the asparagus to the tray and bake for a further 15 minutes or until evenly browned all over.
- In a microwave bowl add the chopped tin tomatoes with salt & pepper to season and warm thought for about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour tomato sauce into a serving dish, empty the vegetables from the baking tray into the serving dish and mix through.
- Serve with some sprinkled coriander. Yummy!