I just love my relaxing Sunday mornings, today the sun was out and I felt great, the sun beaming into my kitchen through my living room. It’s amazing how a little bit of sun makes you feel, especially after our really bad and long winter.
Feeling good I decided to experiment, I was sent an idea recently….omelette in bread….brilliant, easy, tasteful, quick and simple cooking. Loved this.
There are so many combinations you can do, I went with cheese and tomato.
2 Slice of Bread – Thick slice is best
2 large eggs – whisked
2 tomatoes – sliced
Gouda cheese – small handful grated
- Heat a little oil in a fry pan and gently cook your filling ingredients, in this case I gently fried the tomatoes.
- Cut out the centre of the bread and set aside.
- Arrange the filling in the pan to the shape of the centre of the bread, then place the outside of the bread in the pan.
- Gently pour some of the egg mixture into the centre of the bread covering your filling. Do this slowly so it sets. Then sprinkle the cheese on top
- Allow to set slightly, then place the centre of the bread on top and flatten down. Then flip over and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove and serve…so yummy.
Have I ever told you how much I love this Crisper Plate by Hotpoint, LOL!, and have I ever told you how much I love breakfast time? Well my saturday morning was a case of up and out so I need something quick but filling, this little omelette pocket only took 4 minutes to cook and so tasty and filling. Mission accomplished!
5-6 slices of smoked cooked ham
handful of grated cheddar cheese
Salt & pepper to season
- Preheat the crisper plate for 2 minutes
- Beat eggs together with seasoning
- Pour onto crisper plate, lay evenly the spinach, ham, cheese and season to taste (you can of course use any combination of filling you like)
- Cook on dynamic crisp setting for 4 minutes or until eggs have set.
- Cut in half and fold over, serve. Yummy!
My perfect Saturday morning Brekkie…..:)
We decided to have a spanish afternoon and I was dying to try something different in my new Crisper Plate. Absolutely loved this recipe, healthy, tasty and only 12 minutes in my new crisper plate.
Perfectly served with some San Miguel…….we just needed the sunshine…lol!
Makes a 12 inch size – 4 portions
250g potatoes – sliced (I left skin on but it’s up to you)
1 tbsp butter or oil
Sliced onion (I used shallots – better flavour)
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat crisp plate for 3 mins. Place butter on a allow to melt
- Place potatoes onto plate.
- Cook on Dynamic Crisp for 5 minutes.
- Place the onion on top of potatoes and cook further for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile beat the eggs, milk and salt & pepper together then pour over potatoes.
- Cook further for 3 minutes
- Turn on grill and brown for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve. Yummy!
I just love omelettes, one of my favourite quick and healthy meals, breakfast, lunch or dinner its one of those versatile foods and always staple ingredients in your cupboard. You can pretty much put anything in an omelette and it’ll taste great.
This is one of my favourites:-
6 cherry tomatoes – halved
handful of spinach
1 mushroom sliced
Salt & pepper to taste
- Lightly oil frying pan
- Add in tomatoes, mushroom and spinach, cook for a minute
- Whisk up eggs with seasoning and pour over, cook on medium heat for about 4-5 mins or until bubbling, turn and cook for 1 min more.
- Serve. Yummy!
Here are my other favourites:-
Tomato and avocado
Ham & mushroom
Cheese & Ham
Spinach and bacon
Haggis and tomato
Spring onion & Feta cheese
Avocado and mushroom
Sundried tomato and Chorizo
Using up my leftover Haggis from yesterday, I decided on a wee breakfast treat this morning and not only did it taste amazing it also set me up for the day and kept me full for ages.
For those of you that don’t know what Haggis is, it is a traditional Scottish Dish simply containing sheep’s pluck, minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, traditionally encased in the animal’s stomach. Haggis is basically like an oaty, spicy mince and a great source of iron, fibre and carbohydrate with no artificial colours, flavourings or preservatives. Each haggis maker will have a slightly different recipe, Scott’s from Huntly is my favourite one though.
2 eggs – beaten
100 g Haggis http://www.craftbutchers.co.uk/butchers/index.php?ID=8&town=HUNTLY&county=Aberdeenshire®ion=scotland
2 tbsp Beetroot Relish from Everything Chilli. http://www.everythingchilli.co.uk/
Tomatoes to serve (optional)
- Beat eggs together and preheat a pan to medium to high heat, cook until just nearly ready.
- Cook haggis in a microwave per instructions (normally for 100g about 1m 30 secs on high)
- Mix the Beetroot Relish through the haggis, set aside
- Steam the spinach
- Place the spinach onto the omelette and top with the haggis mix, fold the omelette over and cook for a further 2 mins. Serve. Yummy!
Looking for exciting new ways of making healthy choices fun and no better way than with food colouring!
My Blue Marble Omelette with Avocado and Banana.
Food Colouring of your choice
- Whisk eggs and cinnamon together, gently heat through in a pan.
- A few mins before ready place avocado and banana onto omelette then flip over and serve. Yum!
Oh so yummy lunch today or as I call it Superfood Sunday! Having some Avocado Ranch dressing https://cookingwithluce.wordpress.com/2016/05/21/avocado-ranch-dressing/ left from yesterdays lunch and my determination to do well at the Jamie Oliver Food Revolution Omelette challenge http://www.jamiesfoodrevolution.org/news/the-food-revolution-international-omelette-challenge/ the 2 went hand in hand, the dressing added a lovely we extra zing to the omelette.
Small handful of grated cheddar cheese
1 slice of smoked fresh salmon
1/4 Avocado sliced thinly
Salt & pepper
1 tbsp avocado dressing (recipe above on link)
- Whisk eggs and season with salt & pepper
- Heat pan to medium to high heat and lightly spray with low fat oil.
- Pour in egg mixture and cook for about 4-5 mins until cooked underneath but still slightly running on top
- Place smoked salmon and avocado on 1 side, fold over omelette and cook for further couple of mins.
- Serve with ranch dressing. Yummy!