There is nothing more I like than a lazy sunday morning breakfast (well after my little morning workout to wake me up). Good breakfast, fresh coffee and orange juice, catching up with the world, reading a little, planning my meals.
Today, I was using up leftovers in the fridge so pork sausages it was, with a little bit of cookingwithluce twist. 🙂
2 Pork Sausages (meat removed from skin)
1 tbsp scottish oats
1 tbsp chopped chives
1 tsp nutmeg
Salt & pepper
- Mix everything in a bowl, take a small handful and flatten to about 1cm thick
- I used my Crisperplate to cook these and it took just 6 minutes. (Turned after 4 minutes)
- I also added a few cherry tomatoes onto plate.
- I then added 1 large egg onto the crisperplate 1 minute before sausages were ready.
- Serve. Yummy good protein breakfast.
After making my Blueberry Muffins from a recipe book, I decided to try and make them a bit healthier. OMG! these were lovely and sweet still and with a little crunch, so delicious and only 120 calories per muffin.
150g Rye Wholemeal Flour
25g Caster Sugar
1 ripe banana – mashed
50g Scottish rolled oats
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
25g butter – melted
- Preheat oven to 160 deg fan. Line muffin tin wth cases.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and oats in a bowl
- In a separate bowl mix egg, banana, vanilla, butter together
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix together then add blueberries.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
Oh yum! Looking for something fresh and different for breakfast, I came up with this little Parfait, that was absolutely delicious! Once you take a spoonful you taste the strawberry yoghurt then you get the hit of the chocolate mint with the crunch of the oats, coconut and pistachio’s…….oh yummy!
4 tbsp Strawberry Yoghurt
4 tbsp Vanilla Yoghurt
4 Strawberries – sliced
1 small banana – sliced
2 tbsp toasted oats
2 tbsp toasted coconut
3 Chocolate mint leaves – chopped
1 tbsp of pistachio’s chopped
- Place 2 tbsp of strawberry yoghurt in a glass, then top with 2 tbsp of vanilla yoghurt.
- Place a layer of strawberries and bananas on top and sprinkle 1 tbsp oats and coconut on.
- Sprinkle on the chocolate mint leaves
- Then do above over again for a second layer.
- Top with any remaining banana or strawberries and pistachio’s and serve! YUMMY!
Peanut Butter Yummy Cookies – So healthy, so yummy, so full of goodness.
2 tbsp apple sauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp molasses (if you don’t have this, you can use maple syrup)
300g oats or oatbran
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
Handful of chocolate chips
Handful of coconut flakes
1. Mash the bananas, then add all the other WET ingredients
2. Add in oats and baking powder and mix well. (should become quite stiff)
3. Add in chocolate chips and coconut flakes and mix well.
4. Scoop onto a baking tray or nonstick baking sheet and press down. Thickness to your desire, I made mine about 1cm.
5. Bake in oven for approx 25mins. Let cool then cut up into desired pieces.
Yummy….great for a post or pre workout snack.