There is nothing more I like than a lazy sunday morning breakfast (well after my little morning workout to wake me up). Good breakfast, fresh coffee and orange juice, catching up with the world, reading a little, planning my meals.
Today, I was using up leftovers in the fridge so pork sausages it was, with a little bit of cookingwithluce twist. 🙂
2 Pork Sausages (meat removed from skin)
1 tbsp scottish oats
1 tbsp chopped chives
1 tsp nutmeg
Salt & pepper
- Mix everything in a bowl, take a small handful and flatten to about 1cm thick
- I used my Crisperplate to cook these and it took just 6 minutes. (Turned after 4 minutes)
- I also added a few cherry tomatoes onto plate.
- I then added 1 large egg onto the crisperplate 1 minute before sausages were ready.
- Serve. Yummy good protein breakfast.
A Healthier and Lighter way for a truly scrumptious pie. Love this combination and love the fewer calories using filo. We do love our pie Sunday’s.
Makes 2 pies
2 Chicken Breasts – cubed
1 Leek – sliced finely
4 lean smoked bacon – sliced
1 Chicken Stock cube
2 tbsp flour
1 tbsp nutmeg
Salt & pepper
- Brown chicken in a medium heat pan, the remove from pan
- In the same pan brown the bacon and remove from pan
- Saute the leeks in the same pan and remove
- Melt butter in the pan and gently stir in the flour to a smooth paste
- Crumble the chicken stock cube into the milk and the slowly add to the pan little at a time stirring until thickened.
- Add the chicken, leeks, and bacon, season and add nutmeg then simmer for 15 mins.
- Brush the filo sheets with melted butter or a little olive oil.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into an oven dish equally then scrunch each filo sheet and add to top of mixture in dish.
- Bake in an oven 180 deg for 20-25 mins until golden brown.
- Serve with some veg or potatoes….Yummy!
I always know I’ve made a perfect pie when my partner leaves nothing on the plate..lol.!
My Homemade Crustless Quiche…great thing about this is you can add any ingredient you like. It is also lower in calories as there is no pastry, so you can make it as healthy as you like.
4 rashers of smoked bacon – chopped (I used morrisons 70% reduced fat bacon)
100ml milk or half fat cream (I used semi skimmed milk to help reduce calories)
handful spring onions – finely chopped
handful of cherry tomatoes – halved
Salt & Pepper
1 tbsp coriander
1 tbsp Nutmeg
- Add chopped bacon to a little spray oil in a hot pan and brown all over. Remove.
- Add bacon, tomatoes and spring onion to an oven dish (approx 15cm x 20cm x 2-3 cm deep) then sprinkle over the nutmeg and coriander.
- Whisk the eggs with the milk and season, pour over the dish mixture evenly.
- Finely grated some cheese of your choice over the top, I just used cheddar for this one.
5. Place into a preheated oven at 180 deg and bake for approx 30-40 mins, checking that your cheese doesn’t burn too quickly, if it does cover with some foil loosely or leave cheese off until 10-15 mins before ready. (Depends what cheese you are using).
6. Serve with a lovely salad for lunch or some boiled potatoes for dinner. Yum!
Excellent Low Fat Low Calorie Brekkie or lunch (160 cal)
2 medium eggs
handful of spinach
1/2 small onion chopped finely
pinch of Nutmeg
lightly spray pan with spray oil and heat to high setting, on Induction level 8
Throw in chopped onion and brown, then add in spinach and cook until slightly wilted
whisk eggs and pour into pan
sprinkle Nutmeg and cooked for few minutes on each side