I’ve had an Indian Superfood Cookbook for ages but for some reason never actually attempted to make anything from it. So today was that day it got opened. I wish I had opened it up sooner, this dish was super tasty and full of good antioxidants. I served it with a chickpea chapati, made from my original Chapati recipe, I changed the plain flour for Gram Flour.
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp ground cardamom
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp salt
1 onion, sliced thinly
1 tsp garlic granules
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp gram masala
1 400g can chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
2-3 chillies chopped or 1 tsp chilli flakes
250g scottish beef mince
225g can of chickpeas
Small handful of Fresh coriander to serve.
- Heat the oil in a large fry pan
- Add in the onions with the cardamom, cumin, garlic, ginger, salt, turmeric, gram masala & chillies. Cook until onions are slightly browned and softened.
- Add in half of the tin tomatoes and cook for about 10 minutes or until the excess juices have dried off.
- Add in the mince, mix well and cook until mince has browned all over, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the remaining tomatoes & chickpeas, bring to the boil, cover & simmer for about 30 minutes. If the consistancey is too thick just add a little water.
- Season with the fresh coriander and serve.