A lovely refreshing side salad. Perfect with fish.
Courgette – Spiralized or julienne style its up to you.
1 orange Carrot – as above
1 purple Carrot – as above
6 spring onions – sliced diagonally
small piece of ginger grated
Juice of 1 lime
2 tbsp olive oil
small bunch fresh coriander – finely chopped
- Mix everything in a large bowl and serve.
I love this recipe, another great find from PON
Quick & Easy to make, full of flavour, refreshing, light and only 190 Kcal per serving, whats not to like. We had these for lunch with a cheeky wee low cal beer. Yummy!
2 small Fresh cod Fillets cut into strips
1/4 tsp mild chilli powder
1/4 tsp garlic granules
1/4 tsp ground coriander
Salt & rainbow pepper
Handful of mixed leaves (I used watercress, spinach & rocket)
2 spring onions – finely chopped
4 small corn tortillas (or low calorie ones)
2 x Wedges of lime
4 tsp Low fat greek yoghurt
1 tsp chilli flakes
- Heat a little oil in a pan on high heat.
- Sprinkle Chilli powder, garlic and coriander over the fish slices and add the fish to the pan, cook for about 4 minutes then flip and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until slightly browned & crisp.
- Meanwhile, heat your tortillas as per packet instructions and place the green leaves, chopped spring onion and a little coriander onto the tortilla.
- Once fish is cooked through, place onto the green leaves, season with salt & pepper, add a dollop of yoghurt, sprinkle with chilli flakes and squeeze lime juice over, Serve. Yum Yum!
Delicious little Saturday night dish (or any night for that matter) I also used corn tortillas and made my own salsa to keep the fat and calories lower. I am on a mission this year to eat a little healthier and try new ideas and flavours. This is packed with flavour and filling too.
You could of course use Tacos instead of wraps.
Makes enough for about 6 wraps
For the chicken:-
2 large chicken breasts
1 tin chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp Taco Seasoning (see below)
For the Salsa:-
2 tomatoes – chopped
1 onion – chopped
1 lime juice of
2 tsp dried coriander
1 tsp sea salt
Sour Cream to taste
1 tbsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tbsp cumin
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
Add all above to a little jar and mix. Store in cupboard.
- Place a little oil in a pan on medium heat
- Coat the chicken with the Taco Seasoning about 1 large tbsp per breast and gently colour the chicken in the pan.
- Add in the tin tomatoes to the pan with the chicken, cover and slow cook on a low heat for about 4 hours.
- Meanwhile make the salsa by adding the chopped tomatoes, chopped onion, salt, coriander and lime juice in a bowl and mix together. Store in fridge until needed.
- About 1/2 hour before about to serve, take 2 forks and shred the chicken in the pan. Continue to cook uncovered for about 1/2 hour, this helps thicken the sauce.
- Warm up your tortillas as per instructions on packet, place on a plate.
- Spread a thin layer of sour cream, place some shredded chicken on top, then some tomato salsa then another little dollop of sour cream, wrap and devour! Yummy!
You could also add in a little avocado or some grated cheese.
Well I was Opting for a Spicy Weekend this weekend………………….(naughty…naughty!)……..and this polishes off my Sunday. Delicious and filling Soup with a bit of spice!
1 Sweet Potato
1 tsp ground coriander
4 spring onions
1 red chilli
1 tsp olive oil
Handful of tortilla chips (I used Doritos with a hint of lime)
15g fresh coriander
400g ripe tomatoes
2 gloves of garlic
1 can chickpeas (400g)
Feta cheese for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200 deg. Wash and peel sweet potato, cut into 1cm cubes.
- Season potatoes with salt, pepper and ground coriander, drizzle with oil and bake for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, chop the spring onions finely, slice the chilli and coriander, add to a pan with little oil and fry for about 2 mins.
- Crush into the pan the garlic, cut tomatoes into quarters then add in to pot.
- Tip in the chickpeas with juices and top up with 500ml of boiling water, bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 mins.
- After 20 mins, remove from heat and mash up the tomatoes. Add in the sweet potato and crush in the tortillas, mix through, season well and serve. Garnish with fresh coriander and feta if chosen. YUMMY!!!