I got this little Jamie Olive cook book recently and have been trying out some recipes, which I have to say have been delicious. Tonight, I thought I would take my inspiration from Mr. JO but put my own twist to this. I have to say it was rather tasty…..Mmmmmm.
Using a combination of my Crisper plate and my steam pot, this little dish was made in under 20 minutes. Quick and easy meals.
80g Basmati & quinoa rice (I used Tilda)
2 x Scottish Salmon Fillets
4 tsp sweet chilli sauce (I always use Blue Dragon, I find they are the best)
2 tbsp sesame seeds
3 spring onions
1 fresh red chilli
60g sugar snap peas
4 springs of fresh coriander
2 tsp toasted sesame oil
1 lime (juice only)
80g smoked beetroot
- Place the basmati rice into the steam pot with 200ml water and cover, cook on the Automatic rice setting on microwave for 18 minutes. Remove and keep warm (keep lid on till other food is ready)
- Meanwhile, rub the sweet chilli sauce into the salmon then sprinkle the sesame seeds over making sure they stick by pressing slightly.
- Finely slice the spring onions, sugar snap peas, chilli then julienne the carrot, cucumber, beetroot using a julienne peeler (if not you can coarsely grate). Place all into a bowl with the coriander.
- Place the salmon (skin side down) onto the crisper plate and cook on dynamic crisp setting for 7 minutes or until slightly crispy and cooked.
- Pour the basmati rice into the salad bowl and mix through with the toasted sesame oil, lime juice and 2 tsp of sweet chilli sauce.
- Serve up the salad and place the salmon when ready on top. Amazing, Tasty little dish. Yummy!
This was Inspired by Jamie Oliver’s 5 Ingredient Programme. It looked and sounded too good not to try. However, I decided to put my own slight twist to it. This dish is so yummy and very filling too.
I think I’m going to try it next with Red pesto and chilli. Mmmmmmmm!
4 Chicken Breasts
1 Roll Puff Pastry
4 tbsp Green Pesto
1 egg for wash
Bag of baby spinach
Sat & pepper to season
Cherry tomatoes or vine.
- Preheat oven to 220 deg. Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Firstly flatten out chicken breasts with a rolling pin, just so the fattest part is even with rest of the chicken as you want it to cook evenly through.
- Slice each chicken breast horizontally and stuff with some spinach leaves.
- Cut the puff pastry lengthways once, then vertically 6 times to make 14 small rectangles.
- Spoon 1 tbsp of pesto onto the chicken breast and place onto the backing sheet.
- Take the puff pastry strips and wrap around the chicken, overlapping each time. Brush with egg wash.
- Place the chicken breasts on the centre shelf (No.3) then place the tomatoes in a pan on shelf level below (No. 1). Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile steam cook the rest of the spinach. (3 minutes)
- Slice the chicken breasts and serve…….yummy!
Oh yummy…….Healthy meals a go in my house at the moment, this was a recipe inspired by Jamie Oliver’s 5 ingredient show. I changed it slightly and its 7 ingredients now…lol! It’s been a while since I’ve had tuna steaks and I realised I need to incorporate them more in my meal choices, so delicious and nutritious too.
I cooked these on my crisper plate instead of the fry pan, and in only 3 minutes. A super quick dinner.
2 x tuna steaks
2 tbsps of Sesame and Miso paste, this was a great find. Really good flavour
2 tbsps sesame seeds
100g baby spinach
sugar snap peas
1 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- Spread each tuna steak with 1 tbsp of miso sauce and sprinkle the sesame seeds all over to cover.
- Preheat the crisper plate for 2 minutes and place tuna steaks on and cook for 3 minutes on dynamic crisp setting (no need to turn) – you can also fry in a pan over hob for about 2 minutes each side.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan up on hob and fry sugar snap peas and spring onions for a minute with the red wine vinegar.
- Place the spinach in the same pan and cover with a lid. Steam for about 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Serve tuna with greens. Yummy!
This is my take on Jamie Olivers 5 Ingredient Recipe on his new Channel 4 TV Show and from his new book. It was really delicious and so easy to make.
Makes 6 small pots (or 4 big ones, if you’re like me….lol!)
200g Dark Chocolate
1 jar Black cherries (about 400g) I only used half.
2 tbsp golden cast sugar
200ml double cream
- First melt chocolate on Induction hob at No. 1 (or in a bowl over water) Keep 1 square of chocolate back for decoration.
- Heat up the cherries in syrup gently for about 5-10 minutes
- Divide the whites from the yolks into separate bowls
- Mix the egg whites with a pinch of sea salt until stiff peaks
- Mix the cream until slightly thick, then add egg yolks and sugar, mix to combine
- Allow the cherries and chocolate to cool before adding
- Gently add the chocolate to the cream mixture and fold together
- Then gently fold in the egg whites to the chocolate mixture
- Place mousse into a dish, then cherries, then mousse, then cherries……layer up as much as you want.
- Grate some chocolate over top to finish……………devour!!!!
I am watching Jamie Olivers new 5 Ingredient Cook programme just now and every week I’m like….I really need to try that. So this week it was Meatball Burgers…just the name sounds amazing.
Its a friday night, you come home from work and want something quick, easy and filling but tasty too…..this is the go to recipe. It was so tasty and so quick and easy to cook. The sauce that you can dip your burger in just made it….yum!
Makes approx 14 meatballs
500g Aberdeen Angus Mince
Pesto with basil
1 tin Plum tomatoes
1 ball mozzarella
Rolls – make sure they are crusty, if you use soft rolls they will fall apart.
- Mix the mince and 2 tbsp pesto together in a bowl and season
- Preheat a fry pan with a little oil, spoon with a dessert spoon some of the mixture into your hands and mould into a ball. (best to have wet hands when doing this)
- Place into fry pan and cook for about 10 mins turning to brown all over.
- Empty the plum tomatoes into the pan and season with salt & pepper.
- At the same time slice the mozzarella and place 1 slice over the top of each meatball, cook for about 2 minutes or until the mozzarella starts to melt.
- Spread 1/2 tbsp pest onto each roll
- Place about 3 meatballs onto each roll
- Dish out the sauce either into a bowl on on your plate. Devour!
I started watching Jamie Oliver’s new 5 Ingredient TV Show and liked the sound of the Almond Puff Pastry. Using my little magic Crisper Plate, thought I would give this a go.
All butter puff pastry
100g ground almonds or whole and blitz
2 eggs (1 for wash)
1 tbsp double cream
- Roll out puff pastry into 2 circles
- Blitz almonds in a processor, or if using ground add to a mixing bowl, add 1 spoon icing sugar, 1 tbsp cream and egg and mix together until blended
- Place 1 circle onto preheated crisper plate and fill the centre with the mixture leaving approx 1 inch all round
- Place the other pastry circle on top and seal the edges with a fork
- Brush will egg wash and put small knife hole in the middle
- Cook on Dynamic Crisp setting for about 10 minutes.
- Remove and dust with some icing sugar then serve with some fresh cream……oh so yummy!