Took out some Turkey for dinner tonight and didn’t really think what I would have with it, so a quick rummage around my cupboards and this is what I came up with. It turn out very tasty, I even surprised myself tonight. lol!
Calories – per serving 300. Serves 1.
1 Turkey Breast – sliced
1 portion of Rice Noodles – (I’ve found these ones to be the best)
Handful of plum cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp Red wine vinegar
1 tsp Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Chilli Sauce
1 tbsp oregano
1 tbsp basil
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp garic
1. Put tomatoes, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, chilli sauce, tomato puree and garlic into a food blender and blitz until sauce like.
2. Cook noodles as per packet instructions. (8 mins in boiling water)
3. Brown the turkey strips in a wok adding the basil and oregano to coat.
4. Add in the noodles and the sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Serve with some grated parmesan cheese. YUMMY!
I really fancied something Italian tonight, already had most of these Ingredients in my kitchen, so a little of this and a little of that, and voila a tasty and still healthy little Italian Dish.
2 x Chicken Breast cut into chunks
4 tbsp of Paprika
2 nests of Wholegrain Vermicelli
1 Red and 1 Green Pepper – chopped
1 white onion – chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
10-12 Piccolo Tomatoes – halved
250ml tomato passata
1 tbsp chilli
1 tbsp oregano
1 tbsp coriander
1 tbsp basil
1 tsp garlic
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1. Coat the chicken chunks with the paprika and brown in a saucepan or wok with the olive oil
2. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside
3. Put onion, peppers and all spices in pan and cook under slightly tender
4. Add back to the pan the chicken and mix.
5. Then add the tomato passata and red wine vinegar, stir and reduce to a simmer for 5 mins.
6. Meanwhile place the vermicelli in a bowl and cover with boiling water for 4 mins, then add to the pan and stir through for 2 mins.
7. Serve. Yum! Goes well with a lovely glass of Chardonnay. You can also add some parmesan on top for extra flavour.
My spicy meatballs with spaghetti Serves 2 For the Meatballs:- 300g Scottish steak mince 1 red onion finely chopped 1 tsp thyme 25g Parmasan 1 tsp Paprika 1 egg 1 tsp Garlic Salt & Pepper For the Sauce:- 300g Passata 100 g Water Basil, Handful chopped 1 tbsp. Garlic 1 tbsp Tomato puree 1 tsp caster sugar Few drops of Tobasco or more I you like it really spicy 1. Mix all the Meatball ingredients together to form a ball, then break up into small meatball size portions. I got 14. 2. Brown meatballs in a frying pan until cooked all over. 3. Meanwhile cook pasta as per instructions. 4. Add all the sauce ingredients into the same pan as the meatballs and stir through, heat on a high heat but not boiling for about 10 mins. 5. Dish up and serve with some parmesan cheese on top and a wee glass of vino. Yummy!
Scottish Salmon with Potato, Spinach and Beetroot Gnocchetti. (Whole meal 420 calories and 3 minutes to cook!)
I visited the Hopetoun Farm Shop and found this Tri Gnocchetti, thought it sounded lovely and yes it tasted fabulous too. Made in Italy by the Fresh Pasta Company. Needed to Scottish the meal up though, so I bought some fresh Scottish Salmon.
1 x Portion of Scottish Salmon – I used my Automatic Fish programme on my Combi Microwave, it steam cooks it in under 2.05 mins for a 125g portion. I splashed some lemon juice and some fresh chopped parsley on top. Lovely!
1 x 150g portion of Gnocchetti – Bring a pan of water to boil, drop in Gnocchetti and cook on high heat for about 60 seconds or until they rise to top of water, remove with slotted spoon, place onto plate and top with Salmon.
Serve with a lovely Chardonnay. Mmmmmmmm! Perfecto Friday dinner.
A cheeky wee lunchtime treat…Yummy!
2 Tomatoes – Sliced
1 Large Ball of Mozzarella (approx 50g -100g) – Sliced
2 slices of bread (your choice) I used wholemeal
2 tbsp pesto
2 slices of emmentaler Cheese
Fresh or dried basil (amount to suit your taste) I used 1/2 teaspoon dried basil.
Toast the bread on 1 side only, turn over and spread with pesto
Place mozzarella on top, then tomatoes, season with salt and pepper
Place Emmentaler cheese on top
Place on rack, level 4 on high grill and grill for about 3-5 mins or until cheese is melted and slightly browned on top
Remove, garnich with basil and serve…………..Nice with a class of Chardonnay also..:)
1 x Bread Mix 500g
1 x 300ml lukewarm water
15ml olive oil
*Pour mix into bowl and add water then mix until a dough forms
*Pour in 15ml olive oil and mix for a further 1 minute
*turn out onto floured surface and knead for 5 mins, then push out to form 30cm x 15cm
* leave to settle for 10 mins, then cut in half and prove for approx 30-60 mins or until doubled in size
*Place in cold oven with a tray of ice or cold water to prevent crusting to quickly
*Select Bread setting and bake for about 45 mins.
*leave to cool on wire shelf then serve. I had mine with lasagne..Mmmmmm