A lovely little quick lunch today. Part of my Detox plan.
I used my crisperplate for these and they only took 6 minutes.
3 Parsnips – cut into fries
1 tsp olive oil
Salt & pepper
1 tsp dried Rosemary
1 tsp dried Thyme
- Coat the parsnips with olive oil and season with herbs.
- Cook on Crisp setting for 6 minutes.
Quick lunch or quick snack and healthy.
Another quick yummy breakfast for a sunday morning. I always try to use up leftovers, so having some puff pastry left this is what I decided to do this morning. Again I used my lovely little Crisperplate to cook these. Have I told you how much I love this little bit of Technology?? I do love gadgets that simply work in your favour to help save time in the kitchen. You can get more information here
1 Roll of Puff Pastry
7 eggs (1 for wash)
Grated Cheddar Cheese (I used 1 tbsp per basket)
Salt & pepper
Flavourings as per your choice (I used smoked paprika, but you could use chives, chilli, parsley, the list is endless)
- Preheat your Crisperplate for 2 minutes on Crisper setting.
- Place a sheet of greaseproof on the plate once heated.
- Roll out the pastry and using a round cutter, cut out 6 circles.
- Using a smaller circle cutter, gently press into the middle of the circle pastry – dont cut right through. (This makes the outer edge of the basket)
- Using a fork, press the centre to prevent it from rising too much. Brush with egg wash.
- Place the pastry onto the crisper plate and cook for 4 minutes.
- Remove and gently edge the inner circle using a spoon and press down to make bottom of basket.
- Place your cheese into the basket and flatten, crack the egg in, gently using a knife pierce the yolk (this prevents it from popping) and season with your flavourings.
- Place back into the Combi Oven and bake for a further 2.5 mins – 3.5 mins, depends how you like your eggs cooked. Serve. Yummy!
Don’t you just love quick and easy cooking? Sometimes, especially on bank holiday Mondays when your relaxed, you just don’t feel like cooking but still want something healthy, nutritious, flavoursome with hardly any washing up? Oh yes, you’ve guessed it……out comes the little Crisper plate, this little dish is so easy and quick with perfect results. I also used my new Steam pot too for extra nutrition. I just love Gadgets that work for me.
Makes 2 servings.
For the Crisper Plate:-
2 Chicken Breasts – cut into large bite size pieces
2-3 potatoes – cut into bite size chunks (skin on)
2-3 sweet peppers – cut into wedges
1 red onion – cut into wedges
Handful of plum tomatoes
Salt & Pepper
Red Pepper Chilli flakes
Garlic & Parsley seasoning
- Pre-heat the Crisper plate for 2 minutes on Dynamic Crisp
- Place all above ingredients (except the tomatoes) into a bowl or food bag and drizzle with a little oil, shake to coat chicken, potatoes and veg.
- Place onto the Crisper plate and cook for 12-15 minutes (depends on thickness of potatoes and chicken or how crispy you like it)
- After 6 minutes, add in the plum tomatoes and cook.
For the Steamed Vegetables:-
Your choice of vegetables, I choose broccoli, asparagus and spinach.
Place broccoli and asparagus onto the steam pot grid and fill the pot with 200ml water. Place into the oven and select sensor steam, cook for 5 minutes.
2 minutes before cooking is due to finish, place the spinach in the pot and continue to cook.
Looking in my fridge I had to use up my leftover chorizo, so this was my Friday night quick dinner creation. Very filling, loads of flavour and loads of goodness too. I decided to use my Crisper plate instead of a fry pan then oven and was so glad I did as it only took 15 minutes to cook and more importantly 1 dish to wash up….lol!
Serves 4 (or 2 hungry people)
2 white potatoes
1 sweet potato
Chorizo – I used 1/3 of a 225g ring
1 red onion
1 large handful of kale
1 garlic clove or 2 tsp garlic granules
Salt & ground black pepper to taste
- Place a knob of butter on plate and pre heat Crisper Plate on Dynamic crisp setting for 3 minutes.
- Slice the potatoes and red onion about 1/2 cm thick
- Slice up the Chorizo not too thick.
- Whisk the eggs into a jug/bowl and season.
- Place the potatoes onto the crisper plate a start to layer up then season each layer with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Cook on dynamic Crisp setting for 8 minutes
- Remove then add on the red onion and chorizo, cook for a further 5 minutes
- Remove plate then add on the Kale and pour egg mixture over evenly. Cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Gently remove and serve. Yummy!