This has got to be one of my favourite breakfast choices, not only is it tasty it is also good for you, with good fats in the avocado, good protein in the eggs, fibre in the wholemeal thin and also the little sprinkle of Chia, it really does give me a good start for the day ahead.
1 Wholemeal thin or wholemeal slice of bread
1 egg scrambled with pepper (you could also put some chives through it)
1/4 avocado sliced or mashed
1 tsp chia seeds
Super Tasty, Superfood!
A very tasty mix up for dinner tonight, and somehow it just went together! This was me using leftovers again, very tasteful.
1/2 Sweet potato
2 small Beetroot’s
1/2 cup sweetcorn
1/2 tin of Black Eyed Peas
1 Turkey Breast – cut into chunks
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp garlic
1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
Zest and Juice from 1/2 lime
Handful of coriander
- Roast in a tin the sweet potato and beetroot at 220 deg for 30-35 mins.
- Meanwhile, mix 1 tbsp of olive oil, garlic, chilli powder and lime juice/zest together, this will be your drizzle.
- Season the turkey with salt & pepper and fry gently until browned all over. Remove from heat.
- Place the black eyed beans and sweetcorn on hob and gently heat through (4 mins)
- Once roasted veg is ready, mix everything together with the oil mixture and serve with coriander on top.
Tuck into this beautiful mix which is also healthy and very filling too!
Looking for a snack I thought I’d try my hand at a little mini puff! Made 2 versions, both very nice!
Makes as many as you want.
1 x roll of ready rolled puff pastry – I used the light version from Sainsburys to save on calories (still tastes good)
1 x Portion of Brie (I found a lovely creamy one from my local deli, made in the Scottish Highlands)
2 small Piccolo tomatoes – halved
Jar of Caramelised onion (I cheated, you could make your own)
- Unroll pastry as per packing instructions. Grease a muffin tin. Preheat oven to 180 deg.
- Using a cutter to size, cut out small circles and place at bottom of tin.
- Slice Brie to size and place onto pastry.
- Add your toppings, tomatoes can go straight on, but leave caramalised onion off until last 5 minutes as it burns quickly (as I discovered…….lol!)
- Place into oven and cook for about 15-20 mins.
Yummy……little wee snacks.
I just had to share this exciting new food product, CAULI RICE, yes of course it is Cauliflower rice, Gluten Free, low in calories, low in fat but full of flavour! They offer 4 different flavours and in a handy microwave pouch.
At only roughly 50 calories per 100g, it’s a great way to eat healthier and still enjoy the texture of rice and flavours. Made purely from Cauliflower grains.
I have already ordered. Check this weblink for more details.
EAT RIGHT, FEEL AMAZING!
After my post, I decided to pick some up in my supermarket.
I have just tried the Mediterranean one and it is lovely and at only 46 Kcal and 1.1g fat it is actually quite filling too.