Oh yummy! Nice little healthy quick mid week meal.
I do love a good gadgets, and I used my Kitchen Aid Mixer with Grater attachment and also my Steam Pot for steam cooking in my microwave combi oven.
6 Spring onions, sliced diagonally
small piece of ginger, grated
Small bunch or fresh coriander, chopped
1 juice of Lime
3 tbsp olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
- Season the seabass and place into the steampot and cook on Sensor steam for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the attachment onto your mixer (if you have a spiralizer that would work too) and shred the carrot & courgette into a bowl.
- Slice the spring onions diagonally into small pieces and place into bowl with the grated ginger, coriander, lime juice and 3tbsp olive oil. Mix together.
- Slice the sea bass and allow to cool then mix through the vegetable mix. Serve.
I saw this idea on the KitchenAid Recipe FB site and decided to give it a try. Oh my…..it is by far the fluffiest and lightest omelette I’ve ever had. Great idea of using the Mixer and separating the eggs.
Makes 1 omelette
1 tbsp milk
Salt & pepper to taste
Dill or chives (your preference)
Choice of fillings (again your choice) I used sweet peppers and spring onions.
Handful of cherry tomatoes to serve – grown in my own garden.
- Seperate the eggs and whisk until fluffy with. Pour the milk into the yolk mixture. I whisked on power 6 for 3 mins, the 4 for 2 mins.
2. Gently fold the yolks into the whites and season.
3. Heat 1 know of butter in a non stick pan. Gently fry off the peppers and spring onions.
4. Once browned pour the egg mixture into the pan and gently cook for a few minutes on eash side.
5. Remove onto a plate, cut in half the tomatoes and gently brown in the pan for a few minutes and serve.
Oh Yum…yum…this wee dish was so tasty. Using up my home grown potatoes this little throw together dish was perfect and healthy too.
I made some of my homemade Chapati’s , which went perfectly. Oh…and a wee glass of Chardonnay too! lol!
1 can chickpeas
6 charlotte potatoes, cut into cubes
100g baby Spinach
1 can plum tomatoes
1 tsp cumin
1 onion, chopped finely
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp dried garlic
1 tsp chilli seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp gram masala
1 tsp dried coriander
1 tsp olive oil/fry oil
- Heat the oil in a saute pan, add the onion and cumin fry until the onion is golden. Add the garlic, ginger, chilli’s, coriander, turmeric, gram masala and chilli powder and cook for five minutes.
- Add in the cubed potatoes and fry until potato is slightly browned, season.
- Add in the plum tomatoes, chop up and mix thoroughly.
- Now add in the chickpeas and mix through, simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Throw in the spinach and cover with a lid to help wilt down. (roughly 5 minutes)
- Serve with Chapati or some rice.
I just love Sunday Brunch time, no alarm, lay in, relaxing morning and a fantastic big breakfast that will keep me going until my Sunday dinner. I couldn’t decide between sweet or savoury this morning, so why not both?? This was an absolute treat and so glad I had some fresh tomatoes as this jam just nailed the dish.
Makes 2 portions
For the Jam
10 cherry tomatoes – 1/4
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp butter
1 red onion – finely chopped
For the French Toast
2 slices of bread (I used wholemeal)
1 tbsp butter for frying
Salt & pepper to taste
1 large handful of kale – I steamed cooked mine for 4 minutes, perfect.
1/2 Avocado – sliced
- To make the jam:- Heat 1 tbsp butter and some spray oil in a fry pan
- Saute the onion on medium heat until tender about 5 minutes
- Add brown sugar, stir and cook for a further 3 minutes
- Add the tomatoes and balsamic vinegar and cook for a further 5 minutes, remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm
- To make the French Toast:- Heat 1 tbsp butter in a fry pan.
- Whisk the eggs and season with salt & pepper
- Place the slices of bread in the egg mixture and allow to soak for a minute, then place into the hot pan and fry on each side for about 3-4 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Steam cook your kale.
- Place kale onto toast, then avocado slices then top with the jam.
- Serve…….so Yummy!
I just love Lazy Sunday mornings, no alarm, no rushing, relaxing healthy breakfast with a good fresh cup of coffee, no better way to start the day. This little breakfast is so tasty and quick to pull together but also very nutritional:-
Spinach (Spinacia oleracea) is one of incredible green-leafy vegetable often recognised as one of the functional foods for its health benefiting nutritional, antioxidants and anti-cancer composition. Its tender, crispy, dark-green leaves are one of the favorite ingredients of chefs all around the world. It is very low in calories and fats (100 g of raw leaves provide just 23 calories). Fresh 100 g of spinach contains about 25% of daily intake of iron, one of the highest for any green leafy vegetables. Fresh leaves are a rich source of several vital antioxidant vitamins like vitamin-A & vitamin-C.
Eggs Eggs are an all-natural source of high-quality protein and a number of other nutrients, all for 70 calories per large egg. One egg has varying amounts of 13 essential vitamins and minerals plus 6 grams of high-quality protein. The high-quality protein in an egg is essential for building and maintaining lean body mass.
Tomatoes are also an excellent source vitamin C, biotin, molybdenum and vitamin K. They are also a very good source of copper, potassium, manganese, dietary fiber, vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene), vitamin B6, folate, niacin, vitamin E and phosphorus. They are usually red when mature, but can come in a variety of colors, including yellow, orange, green and purple. The water content of tomatoes is around 95%. The other 5% consist mainly carbohydrates and fiber. One medium sized tomato (123 grams) contains only 22 calories.
2 Large eggs
Mixture of tomatoes
oil 1 tsp
Chopped Chilli (optional if you like a bit of spice)
- Heat a little oil in a fry pan on medium to high heat, half tomatoes and place face down in pan, cook for about 4-5 minutes or until browned and softened.
- Meanwhile bring a pan of water to boil then reduce to a simmer and place eggs in one at a time to poach, I make a swirling motion in water to help bring the egg together. Poach for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the spinach to the tomatoes and place a lid on for about 1-2 minutes until spinach is wilted.
- Place spinach and tomatoes on to a plate, top with poached eggs and season with rainbow pepper and chilli. YUMMY!
O.M.G, these were amazing! I bought some Smoked Halibut from my Glasgow Food Assembly https://thefoodassembly.com/en courtesy of Campsie Glen Smoke House http://www.campsieglen.co.uk/, wondering how I could creat something different, looking in my fridge I needed to use up cream cheese and hollandaise, so here is my wee creation with tasty results!
1 tbsp cream cheese
1 tbsp hollandaise sauce
1 packet smoked halibut
1 tsp dill
squeeze of lime juice
small handful of rocket leaves
rainbow peppercorns and salt to season
- Mix everything together (except halibut)
- Spread lightly over halibut and top with some rocket (or any garnish you like)
- Gently roll up, one all rolled wrap in cling film and chill for 2-3 hours.
- Remove and eat…..Yummy! I served with some salad and a nice chilled glass of Chardonnay!
I just love breakfast time it is one of my most enjoyable food times and creating something different every weekend has become an exciting challenge. My favourite food is of course eggs, love them anyway cooked. So this morning I went for something simple but very very tasty. I recently purchased some fresh eggs from Little Turnberry Farm and Chicken Nest at the Glasgow Assembly, all of their hens love their freedom at their farmhouse gardens, they enjoy foraging the grounds and a with little TLC they produce the most flavoursome eggs.
Here is my wee recipe for the best baked eggs and tomato:-
2 x Beef Tomato
2 x Fresh Eggs
Salt & pepper
pinch of basil (fresh or dried)
pinch of chives (fresh or dried)
1 x slice of cheddar cheese
- First slice the top of the tomato and scoop out the insides.
- Season the tomato with salt & pepper, crack the egg into the tomato, sprinkle basil over the top and some cracked black pepper.
- Place into a preheated oven at 220 deg and bake for 20 mins for a runny egg, 30-35 mins for solid.
- A few minutes before it’s ready, place slices of cheddar cheese on top and allow to melt.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle some chives on top serve with some lovely avocado slices. Yummy!!