Friday night is mostly pizza night in our house, but as I’m on my Detox this week it was finding an alternative for me and why not Butterfly chicken? I have to say this dish was so delicious and very healthy and nutritious too. Win, win for me!
2 x Chicken Breasts
1 onion – chopped
handful of sweet peppers – chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
1 tsp Italian herbs
1 tbsp tomato paste
Salt & pepper to taste
30g Goats Cheese
- Butterfly your chicken and flatten the thicker part so it will cook evenly.
- Add the chopped onion, peppers, chilli flakes, olive oil and all seasonings into a food bag and make sure all are coated.
- Take 1 tsp and spread onto each chicken breast evenly
- Next add the onion & pepper mix and spread evenly
- Preheat your Crisperplate for 2 minutes on crisp setting then place the chicken breasts on and cook for 5-6 minutes (depending on size of your chicken)
- Remove crisp plate and crumble on the goats cheese evenly, put back into the oven and cook on crisp for a further 3 minutes.
- Serve. Yummy!
(If you don’t have a crisper plate, bake in oven at 200 deg for about 15-20 minutes)
This was so delicious and filling. Best of all very healthy & nutritious.
I think I am starting to enjoy this Detox week….lol!
Makes enough for 4 portions.
200ml vegetable stock
2 tsp dried garlic
1 tsp dried chilli
1 tbsp ginger
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp coriander
1 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp olive oil
1 can chopped tomatoes 400g
300-400g butternut squash – peeled and chopped into chunks
200g Red lentils – cooked
- Blend onion, veg stock, garlic, chilli, ginger, tomatoes, cumin, cinnamon, turmeric and coriander into a paste.
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the paste for about 5-10 mins.
- Add in the butternut squash and cook on a medium heat for 20 mins.
- Meanwhile cook the lentils as per pack instructions.
- After 20 mins mix in the lentils and spinach to the squash mix and heat for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove and serve. Yummy!
I am starting my Detox Plan for the week and this was my breakfast, I have to say it was absolutely delicious.
3 eggs – whisked
1 banana – sliced
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp cinnamon
Salt & pepper to season
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat
- Place the sliced banana in the pan and cook for a couple of mins until soft.
- Pour in the egg mixture and season, cook until coming together, sprinkle with the cinnamon and flip over.
- Cook for a further minute and serve.
After making my Blueberry Muffins from a recipe book, I decided to try and make them a bit healthier. OMG! these were lovely and sweet still and with a little crunch, so delicious and only 120 calories per muffin.
150g Rye Wholemeal Flour
25g Caster Sugar
1 ripe banana – mashed
50g Scottish rolled oats
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
25g butter – melted
- Preheat oven to 160 deg fan. Line muffin tin wth cases.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and oats in a bowl
- In a separate bowl mix egg, banana, vanilla, butter together
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix together then add blueberries.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
Fresh Pasta is just the best, but I always make far too much, I really need to learn my portion sizes…lol. Today I came across a recipe for balsamic chicken so I decided to try it out but add a little honey to it for the glaze and flavour, it was delicious.
For the pasta: (makes 4 servings)
275g ‘OO’ Grade Pasta Flour
3 large eggs
1 tbsp dried basil
- Sift the flour & put basil into the large bowl on Kitchen Aid mixer or work surface.
- Make a well in the middle. Crack one egg in and whisk gently.
- Gently with your hands start to incorporate the flour starting at the bottom, once it starts to come together crack the 2nd egg, then the 3rd until it becomes sticky.
- Using the dough hook on the mixer, knead together until you get a smooth like dough. Remove, cover with cling film and leave for about 1 hour.
- Attach the pasta attachment, cut the pasta dough into 4 sections.
- Flatten dough with hand then feed through the pasta maker, No. 1 x 5, No. 3 x 2, No. 5/6 x 1
- Change attachment to fettuccine and feed through. Hang until ready to cook.
- Heat a large pan of slightly salted water and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Strain
For the Balsamic Honey Chicken:-
2 Chicken Breasts (1 per person)
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp rainbow pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ginger powder
1 tbsp olive oil
- Place chicken breast in a dish. Combine all the marinade ingredients in a seperate dish then pour over the chicken. Marinade in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Pre heat your grill to medium heat and gently grill the chicken on the wire shelf for about 16-17 minutes turning halfway through. Tip:- place a tray of cold water underneath to catch any drips but this also adds a little steam to help keep the chicken moist. (I have a chicken breast setting on my oven which I used, this automatically controls the temperature).
- Meanwhile cut some baby tomatoes in half (I used vittoria tomatoes), and place in the dish with remaining marinade sauce and mix. Place in the oven with the chicken beasts and next shelf down (underneath).
- Remove chicken from grill and slice lengthways, tip into the drained pasta along with the tomatoes and sauce and combine. Serve. Yummy!
Oh Yum…yum…this wee dish was so tasty. Using up my home grown potatoes this little throw together dish was perfect and healthy too.
I made some of my homemade Chapati’s , which went perfectly. Oh…and a wee glass of Chardonnay too! lol!
1 can chickpeas
6 charlotte potatoes, cut into cubes
100g baby Spinach
1 can plum tomatoes
1 tsp cumin
1 onion, chopped finely
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp dried garlic
1 tsp chilli seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp gram masala
1 tsp dried coriander
1 tsp olive oil/fry oil
- Heat the oil in a saute pan, add the onion and cumin fry until the onion is golden. Add the garlic, ginger, chilli’s, coriander, turmeric, gram masala and chilli powder and cook for five minutes.
- Add in the cubed potatoes and fry until potato is slightly browned, season.
- Add in the plum tomatoes, chop up and mix thoroughly.
- Now add in the chickpeas and mix through, simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Throw in the spinach and cover with a lid to help wilt down. (roughly 5 minutes)
- Serve with Chapati or some rice.
I love breakfast time, my favourite meal of the day. I am always looking for new things to try with my Crisperplate and this little recipe was delicious and baked in just 15 minutes too.
Makes 4 servings.
4 Charlotte potatoes – grated with skin on (more flavour in the skin)
8 slices of smoked bacon – back or rashers either is fine
Cheddar cheese – grated (amount to your preference)
6 green spring onions – chopped
6 large eggs
1/2 cup of milk
1 tbsp flour
salt & pepper to season
- Grate potatoes and squeeze out excess water, pat dry and sprinkle the flour over to soak up any water.
- Preheat the crisper plate for 2 minutes then evenly lay the grated potatoes onto plate and season. Leave some spaces on the plate as this allows the potatoes to crisp up better. Cook for 6 minutes
- Place the bacon onto the potatoes and cook for 3 minutes or longer if your prefer extra crispy bacon.
- Meanwhile whisk the eggs with the milk and season
- Evenly spread the spring onions and cheese onto the bacon and potatoes then pour over the egg mixture and season.
- Bake for about 6 minutes or until desired browness.
- Serve. Yummy!