Oh yummy…….I had some left over Harissa Paste and some veggies in the fridge, and yes, you guessed it……Harissa Tray Bake it was. I have to say this was super tasty and also super healthy…..I even got my boyfriend to eat veggies, which believe me is no mean feat….lol!
Great as a main dish or a side dish. I decided a main dish and served with some of my homemade Chapati’s
Serves 2 (main dishes)
1 large sweet potato – cut into small chunks
1 large red onion – cut into wedges
2 Carrots – cut into small chunks
1 x red & 1 x yellow pepper – sliced thickly
1 Cauliflower – cut into small florets
2 Parsnips – cut into small chunks
1 x 400g tin chickpeas
1 x 200g tin tomatoes
2 large heaped tbsps of Rose Harissa Paste
1 tbsp oil
Salt & pepper to season
- Place all vegetables into a food bag or bowl, then add the harissa paste and mix thoroughly to coat all the veggies. (this can be stored in fridge for later if need be)
- Preheat oven to 200 deg and oil a baking tray.
- Empty the vegetables (except asparagus) from the bag onto the baking tray and make sure they are spread evenly. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Now add the chickpeas and the asparagus to the tray and bake for a further 15 minutes or until evenly browned all over.
- In a microwave bowl add the chopped tin tomatoes with salt & pepper to season and warm thought for about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour tomato sauce into a serving dish, empty the vegetables from the baking tray into the serving dish and mix through.
- Serve with some sprinkled coriander. Yummy!
Oh yum. In my aim to be eating a bit healthier this year, I took my hand to these little nutritious burgers, they were so delicious and very filling too.
Makes about 4
200g butternut Squash – sliced
1 medium onion – finely chopped
1 clove garlic – crushed
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp dried coriander
100g wilted spinach
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook the butternut Squash and mash up. (I steamed cooked mine using my steam pot for about 6 minutes)
- In a bowl mix the butternut squash, wilted spinach, onion, cumin, paprika, coriander, salt & pepper, chilli flakes & garlic.
- Place a cutter onto a sheet of greaseproof paper or plate and fill the cutter with the mixture making individual circles. Approx 2 cm thick.
- Heat up the Crisperplate for 2 minutes and cook on Crisp setting for 6 minutes, turn then cook for a further 4 minutes (depending on how well you like them cooked, you can cook for a further 2 minutes for extra brownness) Alternatively, fry in a pan for about 6 mins on medium heat each side with a little oil.
- Serve. Yummy!
- I added some potato wedges to my crisperplate at the same time for a one pan meal.
Delicious little Saturday night dish (or any night for that matter) I also used corn tortillas and made my own salsa to keep the fat and calories lower. I am on a mission this year to eat a little healthier and try new ideas and flavours. This is packed with flavour and filling too.
You could of course use Tacos instead of wraps.
Makes enough for about 6 wraps
For the chicken:-
2 large chicken breasts
1 tin chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp Taco Seasoning (see below)
For the Salsa:-
2 tomatoes – chopped
1 onion – chopped
1 lime juice of
2 tsp dried coriander
1 tsp sea salt
Sour Cream to taste
1 tbsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tbsp cumin
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
Add all above to a little jar and mix. Store in cupboard.
- Place a little oil in a pan on medium heat
- Coat the chicken with the Taco Seasoning about 1 large tbsp per breast and gently colour the chicken in the pan.
- Add in the tin tomatoes to the pan with the chicken, cover and slow cook on a low heat for about 4 hours.
- Meanwhile make the salsa by adding the chopped tomatoes, chopped onion, salt, coriander and lime juice in a bowl and mix together. Store in fridge until needed.
- About 1/2 hour before about to serve, take 2 forks and shred the chicken in the pan. Continue to cook uncovered for about 1/2 hour, this helps thicken the sauce.
- Warm up your tortillas as per instructions on packet, place on a plate.
- Spread a thin layer of sour cream, place some shredded chicken on top, then some tomato salsa then another little dollop of sour cream, wrap and devour! Yummy!
You could also add in a little avocado or some grated cheese.