I do love Lazy Sunday Mornings. I pulled back the curtains and the sun was shining again, lovely! I opted for a fueling healthy breakfast this morning, first time I’ve tried Spinach Pancakes and they were lovely.
Makes 2 Pancakes
30g Gram Flour (chickpea)
Pinch of sea salt
1/2 tsp garlic
2 handfuls of Spinach
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp coconut oil for frying.
- Add all the ingredients (except the coconut oil) to a blender and mix until smooth. The batter will be watery.
- Heat the coconut oil in a fry pan on medium heat
- Pour a thin layer of the batter into the pan and swirl, when you start to see it bubble, flip over and cook. The pancake is very light so I would toss rather than using utensils to flip over as it might tear.
- To serve, I chopped some avocado, feta cheese, tomatoes and topped with poached eggs. Yummy!
For the love of Red! Love it when random ingredients put together turns out delicious!
40g Camargue Red Rice
1 Beetroot – grated
1/4 Avocado – chopped
1/2 tin of Chick Peas
1 tomato – chopped/sliced
Small chunk of Feta Cheese
4 Walnuts – chopped finely
1 tbsp good Olive oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Cook rice as per instructions on packet (about 30 mins)
- Mix all other ingredients into a bowl, add rice one cooked.
- Mix together olive oil and balsamic vinegar, drizzle on top to flavour.
This is a great lunch, very healthy, full of protein and super tasty.
Mixed leaves of choice, Grated Beetroot, Grated Carrot, Cherry tomatoes (halved), cucumber sliced, Feta cheese, Olives (your choice), 1 pomegranate, Olive oil and Balsamic Vinegar for dressing.
3/4 Aubergines (Halved)
1 garlic clove
Olive oil (2 tbsp)
1 tbsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
6 tbsps Pistachio’s
Handful of fresh mint
250g natural yoghurt
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 220 deg.
2. Halved Aubergines longways, and make 1cm deep cuts diagonally about 2-3cm apart. Rub the garlic over the top of each one and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and bake in oven for approx 30-40 mins.
3. Mix up aubergines spices and dust over then cook for a further 5 mins.
4. For the yoghurt, mix pistachios, yoghurt, mint and olive oil in a blender until smooth. Set aside until ready.
5. Mix all salad ingredients in a bowl with dressing, serve onto a plate and sprinkle feta cheese over.
6. Cut pomegranate in half and carefully remove seeds, discarding any white pith, sprinkle seeds over salad.
7. Place baked Aubergines on top of salad and serve with the yoghurt dressing.