This is a tasty little dish and so healthy too. I’m always trying to get more fish into my meals (hard when my partner isn’t a fish fan!), but even he loved this one. Result!
Easy to make and full of protein and iron.
Makes 2 portions
1 tsp oil
1 onion, chopped
2 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp ground mixed spice
2 garlic cloves or 1 tsp dried garlic
1 x 400g chopped tomatoes
1 can chickpeas (optional)
100g Spinach (optional)
1 packet of fresh green peas
2 cod fillets
zest of 1 lemon
handful of chopped coriander to serve
- Heat oil in a large pan and cook onion & garlic over a high heat until softened and slightly browned. Stir in the curry powder and mixed spice, mix through.
- Add in the tin tomatoes, chickpeas and green peas with seasoning to taste.
- Cook for about 10 minutes until sauce starts to thicken slightly.
- Add in the cod and cover, continue to cook for another 10 minutes until fish is cooked through.
- Squeeze on the lemon zest and coriander then serve. Yummy!
I served with some curry roasted parnsips and carrots.
Another quick yummy breakfast for a sunday morning. I always try to use up leftovers, so having some puff pastry left this is what I decided to do this morning. Again I used my lovely little Crisperplate to cook these. Have I told you how much I love this little bit of Technology?? I do love gadgets that simply work in your favour to help save time in the kitchen. You can get more information here
1 Roll of Puff Pastry
7 eggs (1 for wash)
Grated Cheddar Cheese (I used 1 tbsp per basket)
Salt & pepper
Flavourings as per your choice (I used smoked paprika, but you could use chives, chilli, parsley, the list is endless)
- Preheat your Crisperplate for 2 minutes on Crisper setting.
- Place a sheet of greaseproof on the plate once heated.
- Roll out the pastry and using a round cutter, cut out 6 circles.
- Using a smaller circle cutter, gently press into the middle of the circle pastry – dont cut right through. (This makes the outer edge of the basket)
- Using a fork, press the centre to prevent it from rising too much. Brush with egg wash.
- Place the pastry onto the crisper plate and cook for 4 minutes.
- Remove and gently edge the inner circle using a spoon and press down to make bottom of basket.
- Place your cheese into the basket and flatten, crack the egg in, gently using a knife pierce the yolk (this prevents it from popping) and season with your flavourings.
- Place back into the Combi Oven and bake for a further 2.5 mins – 3.5 mins, depends how you like your eggs cooked. Serve. Yummy!
OMG! These are so delicious and perfect for the party season. Little bite size pieces of deliciousness.
Makes about 12
8-10 Vittoria Tomatoes
150g plain flour
75 g soft butter salted
40 g grated parmesan
Paprika & poppy seeds
1. Pre heat oven to Fan 160 deg, Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
2. Sift the flour into a mixing bowl, add the butter and parmesan, add in half the whisked egg, slow speed on mixer mix together.
3. Tip onto a non stick surface and bring together with your hands until you have a dough, flatten slightly. Wrap in clingfilm and chill for 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, heat crisper plate and cut tomatoes in half, sprinkle with salt & thyme and cook for 2 minutes. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
5. Take a small 3cm star cutter and cut the mozzarella into thin stars.
6. Remove the dough and roll out and cut with a 5-6cm star cutter, place on baking sheet and bake for about 10-12 mins or until slightly browned.
7. To serve, once stars are cooled, spread a little pesto on star then place mozzarella star, a little more pesto then the tomato half.
8. Yum! Gorgeous with some prosecco.
You know by now that I love my One Pot meals and this is another that is so easy & so tasty. I decided to use my Steam pot and it cooked perfectly in just 20 minutes. Yummy Spicy flavours and full of nutritious benefits.
Makes 2 large portions or 4 side portions
1 can black beans
1/2 can red kidney beans
1/2 can sweetcorn
1 red onion – finely chopped
150g wholemeal brown long grain rice
300ml veg stock
2 heaped tbsp chopped tomato
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp dried chillies
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
salt to taste
- Place everything in the steam pot and mix together. Put lid on.
- Place into your combi microwave and select Recipes, Pasta & Rice, Rice then programme 20 minutes.
- Perfectly cooked mexican rice dish. You can serve this on its own or with some pitta breads or even in a wrap.
I saw this idea on the KitchenAid Recipe FB site and decided to give it a try. Oh my…..it is by far the fluffiest and lightest omelette I’ve ever had. Great idea of using the Mixer and separating the eggs.
Makes 1 omelette
1 tbsp milk
Salt & pepper to taste
Dill or chives (your preference)
Choice of fillings (again your choice) I used sweet peppers and spring onions.
Handful of cherry tomatoes to serve – grown in my own garden.
- Seperate the eggs and whisk until fluffy with. Pour the milk into the yolk mixture. I whisked on power 6 for 3 mins, the 4 for 2 mins.
2. Gently fold the yolks into the whites and season.
3. Heat 1 know of butter in a non stick pan. Gently fry off the peppers and spring onions.
4. Once browned pour the egg mixture into the pan and gently cook for a few minutes on eash side.
5. Remove onto a plate, cut in half the tomatoes and gently brown in the pan for a few minutes and serve.
Sometimes you want home cooked food without the hassle of trying to decided how to cook it and what temperatures etc to use, this was one of those days for me. Sundays are generally my lazy days, a day for recharging the batteries so to speak. I wanted a good home cooked quiche and decided to let my oven do the rest of the work and thinking. Hotpoint have designed a range of ovens with Automatic Recipe settings, the settings are already pre-programmed to control temperature, function and browning control……amazing, I know….right? Oven Range
I used the quiche setting and it was cooked and evenly browned perfectly due to the Multiflow Technology
I also used the Combination Oven with the Crisperplate to cook crispy potato wedges in just 12 minutes, perfect with a tasty quiche.
Makes 1 quiche
1 ready roll puff pastry
200g smoked bacon – diced
1 leek – sliced
handful of asparagus – chopped
200ml single cream
150g grated Gouda cheese
Salt, Pepper & Paprika to season
- Grease a quiche tin and lay pastry in covering base and edges.
- Gently fry the smoked bacon until slightly browned, remove from pan. Add to the pan the leek and saute for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile blanch the asparagus in a pan of salted boiling water.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs with the milk and cream.
- Start to layer up the bacon and vegetables on pastry, then some of the cheese
- Then pour in the egg/milk mixture and rest of the cheese to top, generously season with salt, pepper and paprika
- Place on shelf 3 in oven and select auto recipes, quiche setting. The oven comes up 43 minutes but will sense temerature and auto adjust if necessary.
Don’t you just love quick and easy cooking? Sometimes, especially on bank holiday Mondays when your relaxed, you just don’t feel like cooking but still want something healthy, nutritious, flavoursome with hardly any washing up? Oh yes, you’ve guessed it……out comes the little Crisper plate, this little dish is so easy and quick with perfect results. I also used my new Steam pot too for extra nutrition. I just love Gadgets that work for me.
Makes 2 servings.
For the Crisper Plate:-
2 Chicken Breasts – cut into large bite size pieces
2-3 potatoes – cut into bite size chunks (skin on)
2-3 sweet peppers – cut into wedges
1 red onion – cut into wedges
Handful of plum tomatoes
Salt & Pepper
Red Pepper Chilli flakes
Garlic & Parsley seasoning
- Pre-heat the Crisper plate for 2 minutes on Dynamic Crisp
- Place all above ingredients (except the tomatoes) into a bowl or food bag and drizzle with a little oil, shake to coat chicken, potatoes and veg.
- Place onto the Crisper plate and cook for 12-15 minutes (depends on thickness of potatoes and chicken or how crispy you like it)
- After 6 minutes, add in the plum tomatoes and cook.
For the Steamed Vegetables:-
Your choice of vegetables, I choose broccoli, asparagus and spinach.
Place broccoli and asparagus onto the steam pot grid and fill the pot with 200ml water. Place into the oven and select sensor steam, cook for 5 minutes.
2 minutes before cooking is due to finish, place the spinach in the pot and continue to cook.