There is nothing more I like than a lazy sunday morning breakfast (well after my little morning workout to wake me up). Good breakfast, fresh coffee and orange juice, catching up with the world, reading a little, planning my meals.
Today, I was using up leftovers in the fridge so pork sausages it was, with a little bit of cookingwithluce twist. 🙂
2 Pork Sausages (meat removed from skin)
1 tbsp scottish oats
1 tbsp chopped chives
1 tsp nutmeg
Salt & pepper
- Mix everything in a bowl, take a small handful and flatten to about 1cm thick
- I used my Crisperplate to cook these and it took just 6 minutes. (Turned after 4 minutes)
- I also added a few cherry tomatoes onto plate.
- I then added 1 large egg onto the crisperplate 1 minute before sausages were ready.
- Serve. Yummy good protein breakfast.
Another quick yummy breakfast for a sunday morning. I always try to use up leftovers, so having some puff pastry left this is what I decided to do this morning. Again I used my lovely little Crisperplate to cook these. Have I told you how much I love this little bit of Technology?? I do love gadgets that simply work in your favour to help save time in the kitchen. You can get more information here
1 Roll of Puff Pastry
7 eggs (1 for wash)
Grated Cheddar Cheese (I used 1 tbsp per basket)
Salt & pepper
Flavourings as per your choice (I used smoked paprika, but you could use chives, chilli, parsley, the list is endless)
- Preheat your Crisperplate for 2 minutes on Crisper setting.
- Place a sheet of greaseproof on the plate once heated.
- Roll out the pastry and using a round cutter, cut out 6 circles.
- Using a smaller circle cutter, gently press into the middle of the circle pastry – dont cut right through. (This makes the outer edge of the basket)
- Using a fork, press the centre to prevent it from rising too much. Brush with egg wash.
- Place the pastry onto the crisper plate and cook for 4 minutes.
- Remove and gently edge the inner circle using a spoon and press down to make bottom of basket.
- Place your cheese into the basket and flatten, crack the egg in, gently using a knife pierce the yolk (this prevents it from popping) and season with your flavourings.
- Place back into the Combi Oven and bake for a further 2.5 mins – 3.5 mins, depends how you like your eggs cooked. Serve. Yummy!
Oh I do love my little crisper plate from Hotpoint. It just cooks and bakes most things in half the time with the same results as an oven or hob. I wanted something quick for my lunch and needed to use up some veggies, so sweet potato fries it was. Just 10 minutes!
1 sweet potato – cut into fries
1 tsp olive oil
Salt & pepper
1 tsp paprika
- Preheat your crisper plate for 2 minutes
- Coat the sweet potato fries with oil and season with spices.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Yum!
OMG!, these were absolutely delicious. I don’t normally eat pastries but I was trying out some new recipes for an event and my first idea didn’t go to well, so I got my thinking cap on and tried out these instead……oh wow! they were so tasty. I was so naughty though as I couldn’t stop my hand from grabbing one then another then another….lol! But we are allowed on occassions……aren’t we?
1 x ready rolled puff pastry
2 tbsp grated gruyere cheese
1 tbsp creme friache
4-6 smoked bacon rashers – chopped into bite size pieces
100g baby spinach
2 large eggs
Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat a little spray oil in a pan and cook bacon until slightly brown, remove with slotted spoon and keep to the side.
- Place spinach into the bacon and wilt down (will take a few minutes)
- Meanwhile mix the grated cheese with creme friache
- Beat the eggs and season well, pour over the wilted spinach and stir until scrambled in pan, remove from heat.
- Cut the pastry into 12 small squares about 4″ x 4″ roughly
- Place 1 tsp of the cheese mixture on base, then top with bacon and spinach mix, season well.
- Wet your finger in water and run your finger along outer edge of pastry square, carefully lift 1 corner and pull over mixture making a diamond like shape, take the opposite corner and pull over the pastry corner you have just moved and seal. Make sure they are sealed well or they will open when cooking.
- Refrigerate for about 10 minutes as this will help the pastry puff better.
- When ready to cook preheat your crisper plate for 2 minutes on dynamic crisp setting and then bake for 7 minutes or until browned. If you don’t have one of these, then you could cook on baking tray at 200 deg for about 16-18 minutes or until golden.
Don’t you just love quick and easy cooking? Sometimes, especially on bank holiday Mondays when your relaxed, you just don’t feel like cooking but still want something healthy, nutritious, flavoursome with hardly any washing up? Oh yes, you’ve guessed it……out comes the little Crisper plate, this little dish is so easy and quick with perfect results. I also used my new Steam pot too for extra nutrition. I just love Gadgets that work for me.
Makes 2 servings.
For the Crisper Plate:-
2 Chicken Breasts – cut into large bite size pieces
2-3 potatoes – cut into bite size chunks (skin on)
2-3 sweet peppers – cut into wedges
1 red onion – cut into wedges
Handful of plum tomatoes
Salt & Pepper
Red Pepper Chilli flakes
Garlic & Parsley seasoning
- Pre-heat the Crisper plate for 2 minutes on Dynamic Crisp
- Place all above ingredients (except the tomatoes) into a bowl or food bag and drizzle with a little oil, shake to coat chicken, potatoes and veg.
- Place onto the Crisper plate and cook for 12-15 minutes (depends on thickness of potatoes and chicken or how crispy you like it)
- After 6 minutes, add in the plum tomatoes and cook.
For the Steamed Vegetables:-
Your choice of vegetables, I choose broccoli, asparagus and spinach.
Place broccoli and asparagus onto the steam pot grid and fill the pot with 200ml water. Place into the oven and select sensor steam, cook for 5 minutes.
2 minutes before cooking is due to finish, place the spinach in the pot and continue to cook.
Oh yummy…….Healthy meals a go in my house at the moment, this was a recipe inspired by Jamie Oliver’s 5 ingredient show. I changed it slightly and its 7 ingredients now…lol! It’s been a while since I’ve had tuna steaks and I realised I need to incorporate them more in my meal choices, so delicious and nutritious too.
I cooked these on my crisper plate instead of the fry pan, and in only 3 minutes. A super quick dinner.
2 x tuna steaks
2 tbsps of Sesame and Miso paste, this was a great find. Really good flavour
2 tbsps sesame seeds
100g baby spinach
sugar snap peas
1 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- Spread each tuna steak with 1 tbsp of miso sauce and sprinkle the sesame seeds all over to cover.
- Preheat the crisper plate for 2 minutes and place tuna steaks on and cook for 3 minutes on dynamic crisp setting (no need to turn) – you can also fry in a pan over hob for about 2 minutes each side.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan up on hob and fry sugar snap peas and spring onions for a minute with the red wine vinegar.
- Place the spinach in the same pan and cover with a lid. Steam for about 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Serve tuna with greens. Yummy!
I had some left over apples and filo in my kitchen so it was obvious it had to be little apple parcels. These were so tasty and so quick to cook using my little crisper plate……..oh did I tell you how much I love this little crisper? lol!
2 Granny smith apples – chopped into small chunks
3 sheets of filo pastry
1 beaten egg for wash
small handful of raisins
70g light brown caster sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
Fry oil – light
2 tbsps Icing sugar to finish
- Spray a fry pan with oil on a medium heat
- Gently fry the apple, sugar, cinnamon and raisins until just caramalised (about 8-10 mins) Remove and allow to cool.
- Lay your first sheet of filo on a worktop and brush with the egg wash, then take your 2nd sheet and lay onto, brush with egg wash, and then your 3rd sheet as above. Then cut vertically into 4 sections.
- Preheat your crisper plate for 3 minutes on dynamic crisp setting
- Once cooked, remove from plate and allow to cool slightly. Sieve some icing sugar over the parcels and serve. These are lovely with ice cream, whipped cream or even caramel sauce. oh so yummy!
You can of course bake these in a 190 deg oven for about 20 minutes.