This was so delicious and filling. Best of all very healthy & nutritious.
I think I am starting to enjoy this Detox week….lol!
Makes enough for 4 portions.
200ml vegetable stock
2 tsp dried garlic
1 tsp dried chilli
1 tbsp ginger
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp coriander
1 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp olive oil
1 can chopped tomatoes 400g
300-400g butternut squash – peeled and chopped into chunks
200g Red lentils – cooked
- Blend onion, veg stock, garlic, chilli, ginger, tomatoes, cumin, cinnamon, turmeric and coriander into a paste.
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the paste for about 5-10 mins.
- Add in the butternut squash and cook on a medium heat for 20 mins.
- Meanwhile cook the lentils as per pack instructions.
- After 20 mins mix in the lentils and spinach to the squash mix and heat for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove and serve. Yummy!
If your anything like me……I Love peanut butter, so when I saw this recipe being executed on TV I just had to try it. I have adjusted the ingredients slightly to suit our tastes and I have to admit it’s bloody lovely! This will soon be a staple recipe in my household I think.
You can serve it with some rice for a dinner, or even just on a toasted open baguette (which we done) or even as a filling in a wrap for lunch, its very versatile.
Makes enough for 4 people
For the Chicken Thighs and marinade:-
500g chicken thighs cut into strips
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp cornflour
1 tbsp peanut oil
For the Sauce:-
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (good quality one)
80g peanut butter – crunchy
1 tsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp sichuan peppercorns – toasted and ground (you can use rainbow peppercorns too)
2 tbsp peanut oil
2 red chillies – chopped finely or 2 tsp dried chillies
4 spring onions – finely chopped
2 garlic cloves – crushed
1 inch root ginger, finely chopped
- For the marinade for chicken thighs – Mix the soy sauce, peanut oil and cornflour in a bowl, add the chicken and ensure coated evenly, allow to stand at room temperature for at least 1/2 hour.
- Meanwhile for the sauce, combine together balsamic vinegar, peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil and peppercorns until smooth.
- Heat a wok or large fry pan over a medium to high heat, add the peanut oil to heat through until pan is coated, then add in the chillies, ginger and garlic cook for about 1 minute.
- Add in the marinated chicken and cook until chicken is browned all over. Add in the spring onions and the sauce mixture coating all the chicken pieces, cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Serve with your choice of accompaniment.