For the love of Red! Love it when random ingredients put together turns out delicious!
40g Camargue Red Rice
1 Beetroot – grated
1/4 Avocado – chopped
1/2 tin of Chick Peas
1 tomato – chopped/sliced
Small chunk of Feta Cheese
4 Walnuts – chopped finely
1 tbsp good Olive oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Cook rice as per instructions on packet (about 30 mins)
- Mix all other ingredients into a bowl, add rice one cooked.
- Mix together olive oil and balsamic vinegar, drizzle on top to flavour.
This is a great lunch, very healthy, full of protein and super tasty.
A Wee Saturday lunch time treat. I love tuna and avocado but thought I would try something different and put it into French Toast instead of plain bread or a baked potato………..and oh wow! It really does taste so much better!
Makes 2 Sandwiches (2 slices of bread)
2 Slices of wholemeal bread
1/2 tin of tuna
1/4 of avocado
1 spring onion – chopped finely
Grated cheddar cheese (handful)
2 eggs whisked
ground pepper to taste
spray oil for frying
squeeze of lemon juice
1 tbsp light mayo or you can use a light cream cheese
- Whisk eggs, cinnamon and pepper together, pour into a flat dish. Lay both slices of bread in egg mixture and allow to soak up, turning over to coat both sides.
- Gentle heat up oil in a frying pan, (medium to high heat) place bread into frying pan and toast on both sides until turning slightly golden brown (about 3 mins on each side)
- Meanwhile, put tuna into a bowl with avocado and a light mayo then mash together.
- Squeeze lemon juice and put in spring onion and mix together.
- Once bread has toasted lay on a plate and add the filling, topping with the grated cheese then closing up the sandwich. oh Yummy!
From my previous post as you know I visited the Good Food Show in Glasgow last week and picked up this fab Bread Dipping oil. Well, I planned on having Salmon tonight for dinner and thought….Lemon and Salmon go, why not try marinading the salmon with this oil.
And here are my results………..absolutely delicious, much better than a squeeze of lemon. Just marinade for 1 hour then I steamed cooked in my Combi Microwave and it was truly deliciously delightful!!
Check out their website http://www.charlieandivys.co.uk/