I got this little Jamie Olive cook book recently and have been trying out some recipes, which I have to say have been delicious. Tonight, I thought I would take my inspiration from Mr. JO but put my own twist to this. I have to say it was rather tasty…..Mmmmmm.
Using a combination of my Crisper plate and my steam pot, this little dish was made in under 20 minutes. Quick and easy meals.
80g Basmati & quinoa rice (I used Tilda)
2 x Scottish Salmon Fillets
4 tsp sweet chilli sauce (I always use Blue Dragon, I find they are the best)
2 tbsp sesame seeds
3 spring onions
1 fresh red chilli
60g sugar snap peas
4 springs of fresh coriander
2 tsp toasted sesame oil
1 lime (juice only)
80g smoked beetroot
- Place the basmati rice into the steam pot with 200ml water and cover, cook on the Automatic rice setting on microwave for 18 minutes. Remove and keep warm (keep lid on till other food is ready)
- Meanwhile, rub the sweet chilli sauce into the salmon then sprinkle the sesame seeds over making sure they stick by pressing slightly.
- Finely slice the spring onions, sugar snap peas, chilli then julienne the carrot, cucumber, beetroot using a julienne peeler (if not you can coarsely grate). Place all into a bowl with the coriander.
- Place the salmon (skin side down) onto the crisper plate and cook on dynamic crisp setting for 7 minutes or until slightly crispy and cooked.
- Pour the basmati rice into the salad bowl and mix through with the toasted sesame oil, lime juice and 2 tsp of sweet chilli sauce.
- Serve up the salad and place the salmon when ready on top. Amazing, Tasty little dish. Yummy!
I do love a good Sunday Roast Dinner. I got a lovely bit of Scotch Beef Topside and decided to cook it Rotisserie Style, O.M.G! it was delicious. Meat was still Juicy on the inside with a lovely crispy outside. If you haven’t tried this cooking method, you are missing out…..seriously this is the only way I will cook this now.
I am lucky as my oven has a built in Rotisserie to it, such a great accessory. Check them out here Hotpoint Rotisserie Oven.
1kg Topside Scotch Beef
Rock Salt, Cracked Black Pepper and a little oil to season.
- Rub the seasoning into the meat and leave at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Skewer the meat onto the Metal Skewer and insert into the oven.
- Select Turbo Grill and a medium heat. Place a pan of water underneath to catch any fat (which can be used for the gravy).
- Cook for about 1 hr 15 minutes for medium.
I also cooked some crispy potatoes using my crisperplate in my Combi Microwave. Perfect match.
You can of course marinade the beef the night before in any spices you like, but I believe that when you have a really good bit a meat, salt & pepper is all you need.
This was a quick throw together breakfast this morning. Being out the night before, we woke quite hungry and a simple bowl of cereal or toast was not going to cut it….lol! It’s amazing sometimes what you can put together when you just take 2 minutes to look in your fridge and cupboards! Using my crisper plate these little tartlets baked in just 8 minutes.
1 Roll of Puff Pastry
4 Chipolata Sausages or Wee willy winkies (cocktails sausages!)
4 tsp tomato pasta with Chilli
4 medium eggs
handful of tomatoes (small) halved
8 rashers of smoked bacon
Salt & pepper to season
- Preheat the crisper plate for 2 minutes.
- Place bacon and sausages onto plate and cook for about 3 minutes
- Meanwhile, cut the pastry into squares and with a sharp knife score a 1cm border around the pastry, like a picture frame. Do not cut all the way through.
- Remove the bacon and sausages to a plate and wipe dry the crisper plate
- Spoon 1 tsp of tomato paste over the centre of the pastry.
- Chop the cooked bacon and sausages into small pieces and place onto the tomato paste, leave room in the middle for the egg later.
- Place onto crisper plate and bake for 6 minutes, the edges will start to puff up.
- Remove plate and crack the egg into the middle of the pastry, add the tomatoes and season. Bake for a further 2m 30 secs. or until desired egg setting.
- Remove and devour! Yummy!
I love breakfast time, my favourite meal of the day. I am always looking for new things to try with my Crisperplate and this little recipe was delicious and baked in just 15 minutes too.
Makes 4 servings.
4 Charlotte potatoes – grated with skin on (more flavour in the skin)
8 slices of smoked bacon – back or rashers either is fine
Cheddar cheese – grated (amount to your preference)
6 green spring onions – chopped
6 large eggs
1/2 cup of milk
1 tbsp flour
salt & pepper to season
- Grate potatoes and squeeze out excess water, pat dry and sprinkle the flour over to soak up any water.
- Preheat the crisper plate for 2 minutes then evenly lay the grated potatoes onto plate and season. Leave some spaces on the plate as this allows the potatoes to crisp up better. Cook for 6 minutes
- Place the bacon onto the potatoes and cook for 3 minutes or longer if your prefer extra crispy bacon.
- Meanwhile whisk the eggs with the milk and season
- Evenly spread the spring onions and cheese onto the bacon and potatoes then pour over the egg mixture and season.
- Bake for about 6 minutes or until desired browness.
- Serve. Yummy!
Don’t you just love quick and easy cooking? Sometimes, especially on bank holiday Mondays when your relaxed, you just don’t feel like cooking but still want something healthy, nutritious, flavoursome with hardly any washing up? Oh yes, you’ve guessed it……out comes the little Crisper plate, this little dish is so easy and quick with perfect results. I also used my new Steam pot too for extra nutrition. I just love Gadgets that work for me.
Makes 2 servings.
For the Crisper Plate:-
2 Chicken Breasts – cut into large bite size pieces
2-3 potatoes – cut into bite size chunks (skin on)
2-3 sweet peppers – cut into wedges
1 red onion – cut into wedges
Handful of plum tomatoes
Salt & Pepper
Red Pepper Chilli flakes
Garlic & Parsley seasoning
- Pre-heat the Crisper plate for 2 minutes on Dynamic Crisp
- Place all above ingredients (except the tomatoes) into a bowl or food bag and drizzle with a little oil, shake to coat chicken, potatoes and veg.
- Place onto the Crisper plate and cook for 12-15 minutes (depends on thickness of potatoes and chicken or how crispy you like it)
- After 6 minutes, add in the plum tomatoes and cook.
For the Steamed Vegetables:-
Your choice of vegetables, I choose broccoli, asparagus and spinach.
Place broccoli and asparagus onto the steam pot grid and fill the pot with 200ml water. Place into the oven and select sensor steam, cook for 5 minutes.
2 minutes before cooking is due to finish, place the spinach in the pot and continue to cook.
So after my bargain purchase of potatoes, I decided to make some homemade chilli chips using my crisper plate. You know how much I love this little Crisper plate don’t you? lol! You can find more information here:- Crisper Plate Technology
I decided on a bit of spice today, so I seasoned the chips with salt, pepper and chilli flakes…..soooooooo Yummy!
- Wash potatoes and cut into desired chip length and width. Approx 1-2 cm cube is perfect.
- Pre-heat the Crisper plate for 2 minutes on Dynamic Crisp setting.
- Coat chips with a little spray oil and season, then place onto plate & cook for 12 minutes. Perfect little chips.
Looking in my fridge I had to use up my leftover chorizo, so this was my Friday night quick dinner creation. Very filling, loads of flavour and loads of goodness too. I decided to use my Crisper plate instead of a fry pan then oven and was so glad I did as it only took 15 minutes to cook and more importantly 1 dish to wash up….lol!
Serves 4 (or 2 hungry people)
2 white potatoes
1 sweet potato
Chorizo – I used 1/3 of a 225g ring
1 red onion
1 large handful of kale
1 garlic clove or 2 tsp garlic granules
Salt & ground black pepper to taste
- Place a knob of butter on plate and pre heat Crisper Plate on Dynamic crisp setting for 3 minutes.
- Slice the potatoes and red onion about 1/2 cm thick
- Slice up the Chorizo not too thick.
- Whisk the eggs into a jug/bowl and season.
- Place the potatoes onto the crisper plate a start to layer up then season each layer with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Cook on dynamic Crisp setting for 8 minutes
- Remove then add on the red onion and chorizo, cook for a further 5 minutes
- Remove plate then add on the Kale and pour egg mixture over evenly. Cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Gently remove and serve. Yummy!