Hasselback potatoes now has competition! lol! Using up leftovers in my fridge again! Tasty wee dinner treat tonight.
1 x Chicken Breast
1 tbsp Lightest Philadelphia (Cream Cheese)
Small handful of cheddar cheese – grated. I used my favourite, Scottish Galloway!
1 Smoked Bacon Medallion
Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 deg.
- Place chicken breast on a baking tray and make slices about 1 inch long and 3/4 way down to base.
- Spoon cream cheese into slits, then slice the bacon medallion and place a slice in each slit.
- Sprinkle grated cheddar on top and finish with sprinkle of pepper.
- Oven bake for 25 mins.
O.M.G, these were amazing! I bought some Smoked Halibut from my Glasgow Food Assembly https://thefoodassembly.com/en courtesy of Campsie Glen Smoke House http://www.campsieglen.co.uk/, wondering how I could creat something different, looking in my fridge I needed to use up cream cheese and hollandaise, so here is my wee creation with tasty results!
1 tbsp cream cheese
1 tbsp hollandaise sauce
1 packet smoked halibut
1 tsp dill
squeeze of lime juice
small handful of rocket leaves
rainbow peppercorns and salt to season
- Mix everything together (except halibut)
- Spread lightly over halibut and top with some rocket (or any garnish you like)
- Gently roll up, one all rolled wrap in cling film and chill for 2-3 hours.
- Remove and eat…..Yummy! I served with some salad and a nice chilled glass of Chardonnay!
Valentines Day was slowly arriving and I wanted to treat my other half with something different but something I know he would enjoy…his favourite flavours for desserts are peanut butter, chocolate and toffee, so I decided to make some cheesecakes combining all the flavours. It was absolutely delicious!
Makes 12 Mini Cheesecakes
180g Cream cheese
100ml double cream
1 tablespoon of peanut butter smooth
60g Icing Sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
13 Digestive Biscuits
50ml butter melted
Toffee Sauce of your choice – loads of squeezes
12 chocolate buttons or shapes of your choice
- Melt butter in a pan
- Put digestive biscuits into a food processor and blitz, add in melted butter and mix
- Put some muffin cases into a muffin tin and scoop digestive mix about 2 tbsp into cases and press down.
- Refrigerate for about 20-30 mins
- Meanwhile mix cream cheese, peanut butter and icing sugar together
- In a separate bowl mix double cream and vanilla until you get soft peaks
- Fold in cream cheese and cream mix together
- Spoon mixture into muffin cases and top with toffee sauce and a chocolate button.
- Refrigerate overnight or a min of 12 hours. Serve
Peanut Butter, Chocolate and Toffee Cheesecake
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Amount Per Serving
- Total Fat: 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Trans Fat: 0.1 g
- Cholesterol: 30 mg
- Sodium: 118.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.1 g
- Sugars: 5.9 g
- Protein: 1.7 g
Wanted to try something different and it worked, so tasty. (240 calories per serving)
2 x medium slice wholemeal bread for toasting
5 x mushrooms washed and sliced
1 x tsp rosemary
1 x tsp parsley
1 x tsp olive oil
1 x clove garlic crushed
2 scoops of Low Fat Cream Cheese (like Philadelphia extra light)
Cracked black pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in saucepan add garlic and cook for 2 mins.
2. Add in mushrooms, sprinkle rosemary and parsley and stir through until cooked and softened about 5 mins.
3. Brown toast and spread with cream cheese, top with mushrooms and sprinkle some cracked black pepper to taste…YUM!
I always found rice cakes bland but have found some good combinations that taste yummy and very healthy.
( each cake 60 calories)
1 x packet of rice cakes
tablespoon of extra light philadelphia spread on each cake
sliced tomato for topping
pinch of basil for dressing tomato (fresh or dried)
I also use peanut butter, 1 tablespoon per rice cake, then top with sliced banana.