A lovely refreshing side salad. Perfect with fish.
Courgette – Spiralized or julienne style its up to you.
1 orange Carrot – as above
1 purple Carrot – as above
6 spring onions – sliced diagonally
small piece of ginger grated
Juice of 1 lime
2 tbsp olive oil
small bunch fresh coriander – finely chopped
- Mix everything in a large bowl and serve.
Oh yummy! Nice little healthy quick mid week meal.
I do love a good gadgets, and I used my Kitchen Aid Mixer with Grater attachment and also my Steam Pot for steam cooking in my microwave combi oven.
6 Spring onions, sliced diagonally
small piece of ginger, grated
Small bunch or fresh coriander, chopped
1 juice of Lime
3 tbsp olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
- Season the seabass and place into the steampot and cook on Sensor steam for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the attachment onto your mixer (if you have a spiralizer that would work too) and shred the carrot & courgette into a bowl.
- Slice the spring onions diagonally into small pieces and place into bowl with the grated ginger, coriander, lime juice and 3tbsp olive oil. Mix together.
- Slice the sea bass and allow to cool then mix through the vegetable mix. Serve.
Picking up my goodie bag again from the Glasgow Food Assembly on Monday, I got some lovely fresh Courgettes (Zucchinni to those of you that are from America) and some Red Russian Kale, with thanks to Locavore in Glasgow, the RR Kale is more tender and has a sweater flavour than the more traditional varieties. So what to do with it all…..well here goes, a nice wee spicy treat.
Red Russian Kale.
Makes 2 Boats
2 x Courgettes – Sliced in half longways
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 chilli – chopped (red or green)
1 small piece of ginger – finely chopped or grated
1/2 tsp turmeric
about 8 strands of kale
small handful of peas and sweetcorn (I used frozen)
Juice of 1 Lemon
1/2 tsp corinader
1 tbsp coconut (dessicated or fresh chopped)
1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Firstly preheat oven to 200 deg.
- Lightly brush the courgettes with olive oil and place in a baking tin or tray, season with salt & pepper.
- Oven bake for approx 30 mins or until turning slightly browned. Once roasted remove with a spoon the seeds. This of course could be done before hand, but I plan on mixing it with my kale mixture.
- Meanwhile, heat some olive oil in a fry pan.
- Sizzle the cumin and mustard seeds for approx 1-2 mins.
- Then add in the chilli, ginger and turmeric fry for another 2 mins.
- Add in the kale, peas and sweetcorn with a tbsp of water, Cover the pan and cook for 4-5 mins or until the kale has wilted.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice, coriander, sesame seeds and coconut, toss everything together and heat through for another minute.
- If mixing the courgette seeds add in now and then serve the mixture into the courgette halves.
A Yummy side dish with a little spice, nice and healthy or even a small lunch.
Want to get more veg into your life, eat healthy without compromising on flavour? This little creation ticks all those boxes, lovely little dinner after my workout at the Spin Studio.
Makes 1 serving.
1 x Courgette
50g Brown Rice
70g tin tomatoes
Black Olives – Small Handful (about 5 halved)
1 tbsp Black Olive Tapenade
1 tbsp Olive oil
Squeeze of Lemon Juice
1 tsp garlic
Ground Black Pepper
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Basil
Salt to taste
- Pre heat oven to 210 deg.
- Slice Courgette in half and scoop out centre, place on baking tray and bake for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile cook Quinoa and rice as per packet, mix together
- Add in tin tomatoes and mix through, heat gently
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix through thoroughly.
- Remove courgette from oven and spoon mixture into the boats…..Serve! Yummy!
Approx calories 241 per serving.
Serves 1 – approx 350 calories
2 handfuls of baby spinach
2 smoked rashers of smoked bacon (chopped)
1/2 courgette (sliced)
2 medium eggs (whisked) with 30 ml milk
handful of chopped chives
cracked black pepper to taste
1. Lightly fry bacon and courgettes until browned, add in the spinach and stir for 1 more minute.
2. Beat the eggs, milk, pepper and chives together.
3. Transfer bacon mix to an oven dish and pour in the egg mixture evenly
4. Preheat oven to 190 deg and cook for 20 minutes. Serve.