Packed with 3 of your 5 a day this tasty meal is super high in vitamins and flavour. Any excuse to get my KitchenAid mini processer out though…lol!
Makes 2 Servings
300 g Potatoes
1 bunch of asparagus
100g fresh peas or canned
1 red chilli
2 handfuls of baby spinach
2 Scottish cod fillets
- Wash the potatoes and cut into small chunks, keep skin on as that is where the most flavour is. Place in a pan of slightly salted boiling water and cook for about 10 minutes or until soft.
- Add the asparagus and peas to the pan and cook further for 3-4 minutes, drain and put into a food processor.
- Add the spinach, lemon zest and seasoning to the processor and pulse until blended together.
- Cook your cod to your preferred method. I steam cooked mine but you could pan fry for crispy finish.
- Divide up the mash and serve with the cod on top, to finish sprinkle with chilli and lemon juice.
I love this recipe, another great find from PON
Quick & Easy to make, full of flavour, refreshing, light and only 190 Kcal per serving, whats not to like. We had these for lunch with a cheeky wee low cal beer. Yummy!
2 small Fresh cod Fillets cut into strips
1/4 tsp mild chilli powder
1/4 tsp garlic granules
1/4 tsp ground coriander
Salt & rainbow pepper
Handful of mixed leaves (I used watercress, spinach & rocket)
2 spring onions – finely chopped
4 small corn tortillas (or low calorie ones)
2 x Wedges of lime
4 tsp Low fat greek yoghurt
1 tsp chilli flakes
- Heat a little oil in a pan on high heat.
- Sprinkle Chilli powder, garlic and coriander over the fish slices and add the fish to the pan, cook for about 4 minutes then flip and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until slightly browned & crisp.
- Meanwhile, heat your tortillas as per packet instructions and place the green leaves, chopped spring onion and a little coriander onto the tortilla.
- Once fish is cooked through, place onto the green leaves, season with salt & pepper, add a dollop of yoghurt, sprinkle with chilli flakes and squeeze lime juice over, Serve. Yum Yum!
Oh yum! A lovely little healthy warming dish on a very, very cold day today.
Makes 2 servings
2 x cod loins
2 tsps Parsley
Butternut Squash – chopped into cubes
1 onion – finely chopped
1 clove garlic – crushed
1 tsp dried chillies (or 1 red chilli chopped)
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp dried coriander
1 tsp turmeric
1 400g can chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp water
- Season the cod loins with salt, pepper & 1 tsp parsley each. Steam cook for 6 minutes in Steam pot or steam oven.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the onion with the garlic for a few minutes, add in the chilli, cumin, cinnamon, turmeric, coriander, 2 tbsp water & tin tomatoes, bring to a boil then reduce and simmer and cover for 20 minutes or until butternut squash has softened.
- Remove lid and place spinach into pan, do this in 2 batches, it will wilt down in a few seconds, simmer on low for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve with the steamed cod. Lovely healthy quick mid week meal.
This is a tasty little dish and so healthy too. I’m always trying to get more fish into my meals (hard when my partner isn’t a fish fan!), but even he loved this one. Result!
Easy to make and full of protein and iron.
Makes 2 portions
1 tsp oil
1 onion, chopped
2 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp ground mixed spice
2 garlic cloves or 1 tsp dried garlic
1 x 400g chopped tomatoes
1 can chickpeas (optional)
100g Spinach (optional)
1 packet of fresh green peas
2 cod fillets
zest of 1 lemon
handful of chopped coriander to serve
- Heat oil in a large pan and cook onion & garlic over a high heat until softened and slightly browned. Stir in the curry powder and mixed spice, mix through.
- Add in the tin tomatoes, chickpeas and green peas with seasoning to taste.
- Cook for about 10 minutes until sauce starts to thicken slightly.
- Add in the cod and cover, continue to cook for another 10 minutes until fish is cooked through.
- Squeeze on the lemon zest and coriander then serve. Yummy!
I served with some curry roasted parnsips and carrots.
These little fish puff parcels are just so yummy and a great quick snack.
I was trying out my little cooking gadgets that I got with my Hotpoint oven and I am amazed everytime I do, another quick tasty meal.
1 roll puff pastry
Fresh cod – approx 250g
Scottish Fresh salmon – approx 250g
50g goats cheese
1 rind lemon and 1 rind lime
spring onions – finely chopped
pepper to taste
egg for wash
- First using the steam pot, place cod and salmon into pot and steam cook for 6 minutes
- Pre heat the crisper plate
- Cut the pastry into long rectangles
- Place the citrus rind and spring onions into the middle of the pastry, then the cheese then place small pieces of cod and salmon. season with pepper
- Using egg wash brush the edges of the pastry and fold the pastry over to make a parcel then seal the edges with a fork.
- Finally egg wash the parcels and place a small hole in the middle for steam to escape
- Cook on dynamic crisp setting for 8 minutes.
- Serve with some balsamic tomatoes….yummy!