Oh yum! A lovely little healthy warming dish on a very, very cold day today.
Makes 2 servings
2 x cod loins
2 tsps Parsley
Butternut Squash – chopped into cubes
1 onion – finely chopped
1 clove garlic – crushed
1 tsp dried chillies (or 1 red chilli chopped)
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp dried coriander
1 tsp turmeric
1 400g can chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp water
- Season the cod loins with salt, pepper & 1 tsp parsley each. Steam cook for 6 minutes in Steam pot or steam oven.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the onion with the garlic for a few minutes, add in the chilli, cumin, cinnamon, turmeric, coriander, 2 tbsp water & tin tomatoes, bring to a boil then reduce and simmer and cover for 20 minutes or until butternut squash has softened.
- Remove lid and place spinach into pan, do this in 2 batches, it will wilt down in a few seconds, simmer on low for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve with the steamed cod. Lovely healthy quick mid week meal.
This is a tasty little dish and so healthy too. I’m always trying to get more fish into my meals (hard when my partner isn’t a fish fan!), but even he loved this one. Result!
Easy to make and full of protein and iron.
Makes 2 portions
1 tsp oil
1 onion, chopped
2 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp ground mixed spice
2 garlic cloves or 1 tsp dried garlic
1 x 400g chopped tomatoes
1 can chickpeas (optional)
100g Spinach (optional)
1 packet of fresh green peas
2 cod fillets
zest of 1 lemon
handful of chopped coriander to serve
- Heat oil in a large pan and cook onion & garlic over a high heat until softened and slightly browned. Stir in the curry powder and mixed spice, mix through.
- Add in the tin tomatoes, chickpeas and green peas with seasoning to taste.
- Cook for about 10 minutes until sauce starts to thicken slightly.
- Add in the cod and cover, continue to cook for another 10 minutes until fish is cooked through.
- Squeeze on the lemon zest and coriander then serve. Yummy!
I served with some curry roasted parnsips and carrots.
These little fish puff parcels are just so yummy and a great quick snack.
I was trying out my little cooking gadgets that I got with my Hotpoint oven and I am amazed everytime I do, another quick tasty meal.
1 roll puff pastry
Fresh cod – approx 250g
Scottish Fresh salmon – approx 250g
50g goats cheese
1 rind lemon and 1 rind lime
spring onions – finely chopped
pepper to taste
egg for wash
- First using the steam pot, place cod and salmon into pot and steam cook for 6 minutes
- Pre heat the crisper plate
- Cut the pastry into long rectangles
- Place the citrus rind and spring onions into the middle of the pastry, then the cheese then place small pieces of cod and salmon. season with pepper
- Using egg wash brush the edges of the pastry and fold the pastry over to make a parcel then seal the edges with a fork.
- Finally egg wash the parcels and place a small hole in the middle for steam to escape
- Cook on dynamic crisp setting for 8 minutes.
- Serve with some balsamic tomatoes….yummy!