Looking for something filling but healthy for my Sunday dinner, so this is what I came up with….was yummy!
2 x Chicken Breasts
1 x Carrot – chopped
1 x onion – sliced into wedges
2 x celery sticks – chopped
2 large handfuls of spinach
2 tbsp curry powder
1 clove garlic
250ml coconut milk
100ml chicken stock
salt & pepper
1. Coat the chicken in the curry powder and fry until browned adding in the garlic
2. Add the onions and fry until slightly browned
3. Add in the carrots, celery, coconut milk and stock, bring to the boil then reduce to a very low heat (No. 2 on Induction hob) season with salt & pepper.
4. Cook on low heat for 4 hours.
5. 10 mins before serving add in the spinach and mix through.
6. Serve on a bed of wholegrain rice or left over spinach.
Approx 75 calories per pancake. Makes 4.
My boyfriend said he had a notion for something sweet, so a quick check in the cupboards and this is what I came up with.
2 medium eggs
1 tbsp Desiccated Coconut
1 tbsp cocoa powder
For the banana, coconut and cinnamon pancakes:-
1. Mash up banana and add in 2 eggs then whisk together
2. Add in coconut and cinnamon, mix through
3. Heat a non stick pan then pour a small amount in and using the back of a spoon even out in pan. Cook for about 2-3mins on each side. I made 2 about 15cm diameter.
For the cocoa pancakes
1. With the remaining mixture I added tbsp of cocoa powder and cooked through. I made 2 approx 15cm in diameter.
You can pretty much add any flavour you like.
Serve with some Maple Syrup or ice cream for a tasty dessert.
Peanut Butter Yummy Cookies – So healthy, so yummy, so full of goodness.
2 tbsp apple sauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp molasses (if you don’t have this, you can use maple syrup)
300g oats or oatbran
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
Handful of chocolate chips
Handful of coconut flakes
1. Mash the bananas, then add all the other WET ingredients
2. Add in oats and baking powder and mix well. (should become quite stiff)
3. Add in chocolate chips and coconut flakes and mix well.
4. Scoop onto a baking tray or nonstick baking sheet and press down. Thickness to your desire, I made mine about 1cm.
5. Bake in oven for approx 25mins. Let cool then cut up into desired pieces.
Yummy….great for a post or pre workout snack.