There is nothing more I like than a lazy sunday morning breakfast (well after my little morning workout to wake me up). Good breakfast, fresh coffee and orange juice, catching up with the world, reading a little, planning my meals.
Today, I was using up leftovers in the fridge so pork sausages it was, with a little bit of cookingwithluce twist. 🙂
2 Pork Sausages (meat removed from skin)
1 tbsp scottish oats
1 tbsp chopped chives
1 tsp nutmeg
Salt & pepper
- Mix everything in a bowl, take a small handful and flatten to about 1cm thick
- I used my Crisperplate to cook these and it took just 6 minutes. (Turned after 4 minutes)
- I also added a few cherry tomatoes onto plate.
- I then added 1 large egg onto the crisperplate 1 minute before sausages were ready.
- Serve. Yummy good protein breakfast.
Friday night is mostly pizza night in our house, but as I’m on my Detox this week it was finding an alternative for me and why not Butterfly chicken? I have to say this dish was so delicious and very healthy and nutritious too. Win, win for me!
2 x Chicken Breasts
1 onion – chopped
handful of sweet peppers – chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
1 tsp Italian herbs
1 tbsp tomato paste
Salt & pepper to taste
30g Goats Cheese
- Butterfly your chicken and flatten the thicker part so it will cook evenly.
- Add the chopped onion, peppers, chilli flakes, olive oil and all seasonings into a food bag and make sure all are coated.
- Take 1 tsp and spread onto each chicken breast evenly
- Next add the onion & pepper mix and spread evenly
- Preheat your Crisperplate for 2 minutes on crisp setting then place the chicken breasts on and cook for 5-6 minutes (depending on size of your chicken)
- Remove crisp plate and crumble on the goats cheese evenly, put back into the oven and cook on crisp for a further 3 minutes.
- Serve. Yummy!
(If you don’t have a crisper plate, bake in oven at 200 deg for about 15-20 minutes)
Oh WOW! That’s all I’m going to say, well apart from, you have to try this. I am always looking for something different and this little recipe came from Kitchen Aid . Usually, I follow a recipe then on my second attempt change it up a little and experiment, but not on this one, it simply is delicious. Especially with some vintage cheddar…Mmmmmm.
450g plain flour
50g Rye flour – I used wholemeal
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp salt
45g melted salted butter
1 tbsp treacle
200g walnut pieces
- Pre heat oven to 180 deg. I used the convection bake setting.
- Place the flours, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a large bowl and stir together. Make a large hole in the centre of the flour mixture and pour in the melted butter and treacle, walnut pieces plus enough of the buttermilk to make a loose sticky dough.
- Tip the dough onto a lightly dusted work surface. The dough will be quite sticky. Shape it into a large ball with a taut top. Place the dough on a floured baking tray and flatten it a bit. Using a knife, score the bread
- Dust with flour then bake in the oven for 40 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown and has risen.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack. Serve with some lovely cheddar or simply butter.
When I got my new Hotpoint Combi Oven with this Crisper Plate, I didn’t realise just how much I would use it, I call it my magic plate as it cooks everything in a fraction of the time with tasty results.
We all want healthy meals in minutes these days and this little plate does it all. This was one of the first recipes I had seen and used, so tasty and in 12 minutes.
Serves 2 people.
1 large chicken breast – cut into large chunks
6 Salad potatoes of your choice – sliced in half
1 red & green pepper – sliced
1 red onion – wedges
1 garlic clove – sliced
Tomatoes on the vine – I used Piccolo (my fav)
1 tsp olive oil
Salt & pepper
- I sprinkled my chicken pieces with some smoked paprika for extra flavour – you can of course use anything. I’ve also used rosemary.
- Preheat the crisper plate on the crisper setting for 3 minutes
- Place the potatoes, onion, garlic and peppers in a food bag and drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil in with salt & pepper and shake to coat.
- Place all ingredients onto the crisper plate and cook for 12 mins on the crisper setting.
- Its as easy as that………healthy quick meal in minutes.
- The tomatoes turn very juicy while cooking for that length of time which gives you your juice for the meal, if you don’t like it too juicy, add the tomatoes after 6 minutes.
First Recipe trying out my new oven. Baked perfectly and tasted even better….lol!
225g Black Treacle
255g Soft Light Brown Sugar
2 eggs, beaten
350g plain flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp ground ginger
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
250ml warm milk (I used semi-skimmed)
- Melt together Treacle, sugar and butter, mixing all the time
- Remove from heat and mix in the eggs
- Sieve flour into a large bowl, add the salt, cinnamon and ginger and mix together until combined
- Mix bicarbonate soda to warm milk then slowly add to the mixture and mix well
- Line a 10″ square baking tin and grease
- Pour mixture into tin and bake in the oven. I used my new Cake function, if you don’t have this then bake 140 deg for about 1-1.5hrs. Test with a knife, if it comes out clean its ready.
- Serve with some warm custard or ice cream.
I was so excited yesterday, got my new Hotpoint oven and Combi microwave fitted. It looks absolutely brilliant, the new black glass design is very stylish and minimalistic looking, perfect in my kitchen. Hotpoint Award winning oven range
You guessed it………I got to work straight away on baking a cake, the oven has automatic recipe settings where you select the type of food and the oven works out the time, temperature and cooking method by sensing……….genius. My cake came out perfect……check out my recipe here. Sticky Ginger Cake