So after my bargain purchase of potatoes, I decided to make some homemade chilli chips using my crisper plate. You know how much I love this little Crisper plate don’t you? lol! You can find more information here:- Crisper Plate Technology
I decided on a bit of spice today, so I seasoned the chips with salt, pepper and chilli flakes…..soooooooo Yummy!
- Wash potatoes and cut into desired chip length and width. Approx 1-2 cm cube is perfect.
- Pre-heat the Crisper plate for 2 minutes on Dynamic Crisp setting.
- Coat chips with a little spray oil and season, then place onto plate & cook for 12 minutes. Perfect little chips.
Perfectly cooked homemade Rustic Chips in just 12 minutes.
I love this little Crisper Plate from Hotpoint, it cooks most things in a fraction of the time and due to its non stick coating, you don’t need oil therefore its also healthier.
10 charlotte potatoes
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp olive oil
- Wash and cut in half potatoes with skin on
- Place in a bowl or bag and season, mix to coat evenly
- Preheat the Crisper Plate on Dynamic Crisp for 2 minutes, place potatoes skin side up onto crisper and cook for 12 minutes on Dynamic Crisp setting.
At only 313 calories per portion it’s a fab low cal dinner. (serves 2)
2 tsp olive oil
1 leek – trimmed and finely sliced
250g minced turkey breast
finely grated zest of 1/4 lemon
1/2 tsp salt
1. Heat oil in frying pan and fry off the leeks for about 3-4 mins until softened, remove and leave to cool for 5 mins
2. Add into the leeks the turkey, lemon zest, salt and pepper and mix well. Make into burger shapes 4 approx small burgers.
3. Lightly fry for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
For the Chips:-
2 medium potatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 tablespoon paprika
1/2 tsp salt and pepper
1. Peel the potatoes and cut into chunky chip size
2. Put chips into a bowl and toss in oil, salt, pepper and paprika and mix well to coat.
3. scatter onto oiled baking tray and bake for approx 30 minutes ot until golden brown and softened
Serve with some salad and tomato relish.
I have also made these burgers removing the lemon zest and putting in chilli, also very tasty.