Oh…. I do love breakfast time! New Year, new ideas, new breakfasts. Having some yoghurt left over I decided to try out some healthy smoothie bowls for my breakfast this week, and they we sooooooo delicious! A lovely smooth thick texture and full of healthy vitamins, whats not to like?
Here are 2 combinations that I tried and succeeded with.
- 1 x Avocado, 1 x Banana, 5 x Walnuts, 1 tsp vanilla, 4 tbsp natural yoghurt (low fat), 50ml milk, Mix everything in a blender or use a hand blender then top with 1 tbsp chia seeds, 1 tsp cinnamon to garnish
- 1 x Avocado, 1 x Banana, 6 Strawberries, 5 walnuts, 4 tbsp natural yoghurt (low fat), 50ml milk, Mix everything in a blender then top with 1 tbsp chia seeds and 2 strawberries to garnish.
I now have the urge to try more combinations, keep you posted!
Avocado eggs 2 ways…..decided to go both ways this morning.
teaspoon chia seeds
pepper to taste
- Softly boil the eggs…..about 6 mins.
- Cut the Avocado in half and remove the stone.
- Gently scoop out some of the middle to make room for the egg and set aside.
- When eggs are done, remove shell and cut in half longways
- Place 1 egg into the avocado and top with chia seeds and seasoning…enjoy!
- With the remaining avocado, mash up, take out the yolks and fill the other egg. enjoy!
Looking again for something different, thought I’d combine my breakfast together, with my love of Green Tea and Porridge in the morning this was a bit of a chance but it kinda worked!
200ml Green Tea
15g Chia Seeds
7g Toasted Coconut Flakes
7 g Walnuts – chopped
- Make your Green Tea as usual, add in the milk and Chia Seeds and mix, allow to blend together overnight in the fridge.
- In the morning, put your porridge oats in a bowl, pour over the green tea and chia mixture.
- Cook in the microwave at 800 watt for approx 3 mins.
- Sprinkle Toasted Coconut and Walnuts on
- Serve….Yummy and very nutritious!
This has got to be one of my favourite breakfast choices, not only is it tasty it is also good for you, with good fats in the avocado, good protein in the eggs, fibre in the wholemeal thin and also the little sprinkle of Chia, it really does give me a good start for the day ahead.
1 Wholemeal thin or wholemeal slice of bread
1 egg scrambled with pepper (you could also put some chives through it)
1/4 avocado sliced or mashed
1 tsp chia seeds
Super Tasty, Superfood!
This was one of those moments where I woke up and thought, I don’t fancy porridge for breakfast, lets see what I have………………after looking in the fridge this is what I put together, full of protein, fibre and superfoods galore it makes a fabulous breakfast shake…….or in fact a great shake at any time and only 154 calories per glass.
For 1 serving
200ml Almond Milk
15g Chia Seeds
- Mix altogether in a blender until blueberries are broken down, serve and drink…YUMMY!
So, I am seeing a lot of different recipes for Chia Seed Puddings, I use Chia Seeds (Superfood) in my porridge for my breakfast but never though about puddings until now, my curiosity got the better of me. I would have usually used Cocoa Powder with this but as I never had any I used one of my Actidiet Powders (I am currently doing a 7 Day Shred and Cleanse for my friends business, check it out http://www.actidiet.co.uk/me/julie-pringle/).
250ml of Almond Milk
1 Sachet of Actidiet powder (I used chocolate) or 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
4 tbsp Chia Seeds
1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- Mix the powder with the Almond Milk
- Add in the Chia Seeds and Maple Syrup and mix through
- Pour into serving bowls and refrigerate overnight
Well, to my delight it tasted absolutely heavenly…….love this!
Amazing Superfood Brekkie….just what you need for energy to start the day!
2 x eggs
Handful (50g) Kale
thin slice bread toasted
2 tsp chia seeds
pepper to taste
- Poach eggs in a pan for desired time, runny yolk 4 mins, solid yolk about 6 mins.
- Meanwhile toast your bread (I use Wholemeal thins 100 calorie)
- Steam cook the kale or boil in a pan for about 5 mins.
- mash up the avocado
- lay out toast, put kale on top, spoon on the avocado, place poached egg on top, sprinkle with chia seeds and garnish with some cracked black pepper.
Serve with a lovely green tea, or coffee. Yummy!