This was so delicious and filling. Best of all very healthy & nutritious.
I think I am starting to enjoy this Detox week….lol!
Makes enough for 4 portions.
200ml vegetable stock
2 tsp dried garlic
1 tsp dried chilli
1 tbsp ginger
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp coriander
1 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp olive oil
1 can chopped tomatoes 400g
300-400g butternut squash – peeled and chopped into chunks
200g Red lentils – cooked
- Blend onion, veg stock, garlic, chilli, ginger, tomatoes, cumin, cinnamon, turmeric and coriander into a paste.
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the paste for about 5-10 mins.
- Add in the butternut squash and cook on a medium heat for 20 mins.
- Meanwhile cook the lentils as per pack instructions.
- After 20 mins mix in the lentils and spinach to the squash mix and heat for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove and serve. Yummy!
This dish is so yummy with a little kick. Perfect for Christmas dining as you can make as much as you need. I do love 1 pot meals.
Makes about 4 large portions or 8 smaller side portions.
1 x Butternut Squash – cubed
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp chilli flakes
100g cooked chestnuts, quartered
½ small pack sage leaves, chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
8 slices of pancetta – chopped
2 shallots, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
150g basmati & wild rice mix
300ml veg stock
Parmesan to serve
- Heat oven to 200 deg.
- Toss the squash with 1⁄2 tbsp of oil, chilli flakes and some seasoning on a large roasting tray. Roast for 15 mins, then add the shallots, garlic, chestnuts and nestle the sage and pancetta around the squash so that they touch the baking sheet.
- Return to the oven for 10-15 mins until the pancetta and sage are crisp. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In the Steam pot place the Rice with the 300ml stock and steam for 20 mins on rice setting.
- Remove steam pot and add the ingredients to rice and mix through to warm through.
- Serve with grated parmesan.
Piece of Scottish Salmon
1/2 Butternut Squash – sliced and quartered
Handful of Peas (frozen or fresh)
Salt and pepper to taste
knob of butter (unsalted)
Mint and Garlic optional.
1. I steamed my Salmon on my fish setting in combi microwave but you can cook in the oven at 190deg for approx 20 mins.
2. Pre-heat oven to 220 deg, place squash on baking tray and drizzle with olive oil, roast for 20-30mins until slightly browned and soft
3. Bring peas to a boil and simmer for approx 5 mins until softened.
4. Remove with slotted spoon and mash in a bowl with the butter, salt and pepper. Or if you have a food processor you can blitz in there. At this stage you can add some fresh mint leaves or garlic for a different flavour.
5. Serve on plate. Yum!